Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S21 Ultra updates

(Topic created on: 01-03-2022 07:54 AM)
adamlee
Big Cheese
Options
So my last update was 6th January, nothing else has been released, I'm on BULF and I'm suffering lag and when unlocking the phone the display starts lagging like crazy, I usually switch refresh rates and it fixes it but soon comes back randomly, the recent app menu lags and stutters, the notification shade sometimes stutters too, battery life is not so good, how can Samsung leave us on buggy software for 2 months and not offer a fix? This is bizarre and would please like a Samsung mod to reply and find out what's going on.?
14 REPLIES 14
Easty
Big Cheese
Options
Probs because the S22's are now out so S21's get ignored now , same thing happened when I had my Note 10 Plus and the Note 20 came out , had to wait ages for updates .....
Samsung Galaxy Note 10 Plus 5g
Samsung Tab S6 Lte 256gb
Samsung Galaxy Watch
adamlee
Big Cheese
Options
Just want my £1,200 phone to run smoothly without bugs. Too much to ask for?
-Robot-
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Updates are not managed solely by Samsung

Samsung tests and releases to the carrier. The carrier then tests and releases to the end user

I do feel you as I was thinking the same before I upgraded to s22 Ultra

But I had no issues with my s22 Ultra at except dodgy WiFi calling, that could have been a combination of carrier and software
0 Likes
adamlee
Big Cheese
Options
I'm not running carrier software. So that's not the issue.
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
I take it you regularly optimise your software and restart your phone.
You may benefit from clearing your phones Partition Cache. Over time cookies etc get built up and need clearing.
Have you tried booting your phone up in safe mode and seeing if the lag issue is still there.
Could be an app or two causing issues.
0 Likes
adamlee
Big Cheese
Options
Yes tried all that, it's a bug in the software, plenty of people are experiencing it. Samsung have said they have fixed in the next update but we've been waiting ages and nothing.
Juli3n
Hotshot
Options
@adamlee you were on the beta too I remember. I've not switched to a S22U, but I still have my S21U and it was fine, bit have to say the S22U feels smoother so far
0 Likes
adamlee
Big Cheese
Options
Just got to wait. But 2 months has passed!!! Screenshot_20220301-081226_Reddit.jpgScreenshot_20220301-081206_Samsung Internet.jpgScreenshot_20220224-173920_Reddit.jpg
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Ah right OK.
Well hopefully that gets resolved quickly then.
Seems to be an issue with software releases. My Z Fold 3 doesn't get many and same with my other phones including my Pixel 6 Pro.
Have a feeling that Google themselves are having problems with buggy software, although the last update for the 6 Pro has fixed those.
Hopefully updates will be forthcoming in the next week or two
0 Likes