Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S21 ultra update

(Topic created on: 16-05-2021 10:11 AM)
tinglish
Hotshot
Options
Got to say after latest update(may) the battery performance has gotten worse.
 Would normally get around 8-10 hours sot but after the update I'm getting around 6 hours sot.
 I've done partition cache wipe and apps booster like always after every update.
 🤞 Hopefully the next update will fix this.
34 REPLIES 34
WelshPaul
Troubleshooter
Options

I was getting 6hrs screen on time, now getting 3hrs!

My advice comes from being a UK Samsung iPhone user.

Current Devices:
  • iPhone 14 Pro 256GB Deep Purple
  • Samsung Galaxy Buds+ > Model: SM-R175.
0 Likes
Babishko
Hotshot
Options
I don't know what it is with software updates Tinglish but the amount of people who have their battery performance take a big hit after them is puzzling?. It is not just one series of phone that suffers either. I had to have the battery on my S21 Ultra replaced after only three months when it threw a wobbler when charging and took my display out but even before this it had superb longevity and was not affected by any update and my new battery has had no problems either.
I am sure that a future update will help you out Tinglish or maybe your phone will right itself gradually over time. Hopefully quickly. Good luck mate. 👍👍
Babishko
Hotshot
Options
That is APPALLING WelshPaul... Hope your phone can sort itself out quickly.. I could not live with 3 hours screen time..👍
0 Likes
Fiona26
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options
I noticed a change myself with the April update. I was getting 10 hours. Same as you now.
danmidd
Voyager
Options
Touch wood mines seems to be ok but will monitor
0 Likes
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
I don't understand why people are so hyped with SOT.
Is it just Android users? Don't know if Apple people complain or even have access to SOT.
For me as long as the phone lasts a day that is brilliant and the S21 Ultra can be pushed to a two day usage .
SOT will always be different for different people depending on their usage and app patterns.

I understand if overall your battery is worse off using the same apps and stuff then it is a concern.

After that rant... I would suggest you relook your settings as because these were big updates they might have reset some settings you might have changed. Just a theory.
Hope you are able to sort it out.
adamlee
Big Cheese
Options
Not always about SOT but to go from 10 hours to like 5 after an update is an issue. Also you don't have to use the phone to watch the battery drain away. 5000mah battery in standby should not loose more than 1% an hour doing nothing.
adamlee
Big Cheese
Options
Also glad I'm not the only one. I created a thread yesterday regarding the may update and poor battery life.
WelshPaul
Troubleshooter
Options

The S21 Ultra 5G costs around £1200 - It's not just a phone, it's a computer, tablet, portable tv, camera, camcorder, mp3, video player etc. If I wanted a phone that lasts 24 hours because I don't use it other than to take a few calls and send a few texts then I would have purchased a £200 phone!

My advice comes from being a UK Samsung iPhone user.

Current Devices:
  • iPhone 14 Pro 256GB Deep Purple
  • Samsung Galaxy Buds+ > Model: SM-R175.