Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S21 Ultra Update

(Topic created on: 06-04-2021 04:06 PM)
DaveB87
Explorer
Options
Is there a reason why the S21 Ultra still isn't downloading the latest firmware and security patch?? It should now be on April but still stuck on March. All other UK networks have made it available. Apparently there are a load of fixes to help with performance and connectivity which would probably save me sending the phone off for repair. I don't think it needs repairing. Why are O2 always the last to put up the updates??
10 REPLIES 10
ironass
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

That is a question that is best addressed to O2.

In the last 9 days since release, the AUC8 update has been rolled out to over 100 countries and carriers worldwide, from Afghanistan to Vietnam.

In the U.K. the non carrier branded, stock Samsung version, CSC code BTU, was available on the 29th March. This was closely followed by the carrier branded firmwares for EE, (CSC code EVR), Vodafone, (CSC code VOD), and Three, (CSC code H3G).

For O2 carrier branded phones purchased from O2, (CSC code O2U), they, like the other carrier branded phones, have to certify the update before Samsung can release it. It may be that O2 has requested that changes be made or are simply tardy in their certification process. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------
My device... Galaxy Z Fold5 5G 12/512GB (G946B D/S) CSC EUX. Android 14. One UI 6.1
DaveB87
Explorer
Options
Thanks I spoke to o2 already and they said they can't tell me any information about software updates and release dates. Typical O2 response. I was just seeing whether anyone else on O2 has managed to get it yet or whether it's a complete network issue. Thanks for your reply though 👍
0 Likes
ironass
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

No one will have the carrier branded firmware for O2 as it has not been released yet I am afraid. 

There will be users on the generic, non carrier branded, phones, (CSC code BTU), that have O2 SIM cards installed that have AUC8 but that will not be the same as the O2 carrier firmware.

My device... Galaxy Z Fold5 5G 12/512GB (G946B D/S) CSC EUX. Android 14. One UI 6.1
0 Likes
Joeeye
Maestro
Options
Not that it's always viable for everyone, but this is one of the reasons I prefer to buy direct from Samsung rather than 3rd party carriers. You will typically get the latest firmware first and earliest, as I've had AUC8 since 29 March. Sorry to hear O2 are slow with this and I know its frustrating, hopefully it'll be updated very soon.
DaveB87
Explorer
Options
I spoke to o2 as I'm having a few issues with connectivity either via WiFi or mobile data. Slow page loading and buffering of videos. My WiFi is fast (300mbps). O2 say that there networks got no issues....There advice is to send it into Samsung for repair!! That will take weeks to turn around for them to find nothing more than probably a software issue that could be rectified with the latest patch. I agree with ironass that Samsung would have sorted it quick if I directly, as for O2 they choose the lazy approach which requires them to do as little as possible...
ironass
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

Ah, yes! The good old carrier blame game. Very popular with the various U.S. carriers and now, over here in the U.K.

My advice is to wait for the O2 AUC8 update which is is a big 1.1GB download and almost replaces the previous firmware and contains a whole host of fixes and tweaks it would appear. 

In the meantime, if you have not already tried it, you should reset your network settings...

Settings > General management > Reset > Reset network settings > Reset settings

... to see if this fixes your issue.

DaveB87
Explorer
Options
I just went and followed those steps. WiFi has increased speed of web browsing at least 2-3 times! I'm in a poor reception area anyway but next time I'm somewhere with better signal il try mobile data again! Cheers for that it worked a treat 👍
DaveB87
Explorer
Options
UPDATE: If anyone is still waiting for April's patch, O2 made it available this morning, all ready can see an improvement in performance and speed over WiFi 👍
SuzieQu
Student
Options
I have bought a Samsung galaxy s21 ultra from a shopping site in Hong Kong. Will I have any problems when I get the phone to do with updating soft ware. My SIM card is with 02
0 Likes