Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S21 Ultra - Update 4.1 - Videos on Browser wont work

(Topic created on: 27-03-2022 11:16 PM)
galovadia89
Explorer
Options
Ever since I have done the Android 4.1 update on my samsung s21 ultra, videos won't play on the browsers. I have tried both chrome and the default Samsung browser. 

This video glitch happens as well on some other applications. 

I have tried a number of fixes of which seem to work, including contacting Google themselves. 

Please advice
71 REPLIES 71
Robustjon
First Poster
Options

After the update the problem was only in the browsers, both chrome and opera, but today for some reason the same issue was on Youtube. It loads the video, but doesn't play it. Only restart seems to help.

To previous: I use standard motion smoothness, so that unfortunately is not the solution.

Scrappieman
First Poster
Options

Having the same issue, will try changing the adaptive settings 

tofranz82
Student
Options

Same problem here. Galaxy S21 5G. Playing videos in browser (Chrome or Samsung Internet) almost never works. Sometimes after closing the app or restarting the device - but only for a short period.

Once even videos in the Samsung Gallery didn't play. But this seems to be a lot less likely to happen.

Interesting: I visited a website to test HTML5 video (https://tekeye.uk/html/html5-video-test-page). There are specific video formats to play. When the issued is active, .mp4 does not play - but .webm always works. Might be some problem with using hardware acceleration for mp4 decoding?

galovadia89
Explorer
Options
Thanks for this. Do you by any chance know of a fix
0 Likes
galovadia89
Explorer
Options
Given the traction this thread has obtained. Is it warranted for Samsung to get involved and sort this out please... Also wanted to follow up on the report you put through... Thanks
0 Likes
S215G user0509
First Poster
Options

Same happened here. Just from once videos not playing while on my pc they do and any other device except s21 since the last update few days or weeks ago (cca. 360 mb?). There is no fix until the next update probably..

Members_lwiEKDD
First Poster
Options

I have the same problem. Temporary solution until the next update can be: go to Device care and optimize your device. Than you can run few videos for while, than repeat it when problem occurs again. I suppose that one of the apps start running in background and blocking video player. Hopefully Samsung will detect this problem soon. 

mk_hogar
Journeyman
Options

sometimes help, sometimes not, but problem is some app in background using audio and that blocking. can't find which app.

0 Likes
Abodizer89
Student
Options

I have just now finished speaking to the support from Samsung membership program.

The support did confirm that Samsung knows about the issue and working on a fix but no specific date to roll out the fix, he just said it will be very soon, lets hope so!

Screenshot_20220408-220500_Gallery.jpg

JaniJan
Journeyman
Options

Hi. Same problem with videos don't play on Galaxy S21. Tried many things = the problem comes back.

I just bought a new S21 and I'm very disapointed with it. S10 was much better phone.  I hope Samsung will not take 1 Month to fix this. It is very annoying. Videos are on the top of the list what users want to work.