Did you mean: 

S21 Ultra - ultra wide lense blurry at 0.6x but fine at 1x

(Topic created on: 11-02-2021 12:27 PM)
Simmo71
Pathfinder
Options

20210211_115953.jpg

20210211_115948.jpg

Hi all, I noticed yesterday it was blurry after taking a picture but put it down to being shaky. I have tried it today and noticed it's actually blurry when switching to the ultra wide 0.6x lense but at 1.0x it's absolutely fine.

I'm wondering if it went like this after the update on Monday, it was OK before but this is the first time I've tried it properly, anyone else with a UK Exynos having this problem please? 

My 10x needs to go to 16x in low light before it switches to the correct lense but it's fine outdoors. 

Thanks for any help you can give me. 

Ps - I have cleared camera cache/data and rebooted the phone so it's not that causing it. 

0 Likes
17 REPLIES 17
Joeeye
Maestro
Options
before you take a photo have you actually tried to manual focus and does it look focused?
Simmo71
Pathfinder
Options

Yes, I've tapped on the screen to focus, held on the screen to focus and manually zoomed out and then back in again. As soon as I get below 1x it blurs. 

Colshie
Navigator
Options
any toothpaste covering the lens?
0 Likes
Colshie
Navigator
Options
mines is spot on and not had any issues with it at. full space zoom and each lens on its own are superb...obviously the space zoom at full magnification isnt perfect
Simmo71
Pathfinder
Options
Haha, not sure why you'd think that! I've just wiped cache partition, reset camera settings, cleared cache and data and it's working perfectly again, very strange, hopefully won't happen again but still puzzled why it happened.
Colshie
Navigator
Options
glad you got it sorted 👍
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
I believe the space zoom 30x , 50x are just cropped version of the 10x lens.
0 Likes
Soon Leong Kwan
First Poster
Options

I got the same issue as well, the ultrawide lens just so blurry 

When i use ultrawide lens to take video also have the same problem

Something wrong with the recent update. It has no issue before that.

I have clear data and cache but it still blurry. Hope the next update can fix this issue

0 Likes
Simmo71
Pathfinder
Options
You can also try to wipe cache partition and app refresh from the recovery menu, that might help. Good luck 🤞
0 Likes