Did you mean: 

S21 Ultra - ultra wide lense blurry at 0.6x but fine at 1x

(Topic created on: 19-04-2021 07:56 PM)
Simmo71
Pathfinder
Options

20210211_115953.jpg

20210211_115948.jpg

Hi all, I noticed yesterday it was blurry after taking a picture but put it down to being shaky. I have tried it today and noticed it's actually blurry when switching to the ultra wide 0.6x lense but at 1.0x it's absolutely fine.

I'm wondering if it went like this after the update on Monday, it was OK before but this is the first time I've tried it properly, anyone else with a UK Exynos having this problem please? 

My 10x needs to go to 16x in low light before it switches to the correct lense but it's fine outdoors. 

Thanks for any help you can give me. 

Ps - I have cleared camera cache/data and rebooted the phone so it's not that causing it. 

0 Likes
17 REPLIES 17
ChoDin
Apprentice
Options

Hello,

I just started facing this issue as well, not sure when Samsung will send an update to fix this. I cleared the cache and reset the settings but no luck. Disappointed by Samsung's flagship, a top-end phone shouldn't be having such issues after paying more than $1200.

0 Likes
Deanos
First Poster
Options

My one only recently started as well. Only noticed it today but as I flick back through previous photos, the ones shot on the wide angle are blurry. Seemed to have started since the latest update. The wide angle seems to focus on close up items though. 

0 Likes
DjDaveUK
First Poster
Options

Hi All same problem here S21 Ultra only the Ultra Wide Angle lens. working when i got the phone now its blurred even when i go into pro settings and try manual focus still doesn't work.

Rebooted Phone, Force Stop App, Cleared Data and Cache, No update available to Camera app, no software update available  

0 Likes
Ale7485
Explorer
Options

Hello,
I have the same problem with S21 Ultra purchased from Amazon Italy on April 25th (I am an Italian user).
On my device the problem was revealed immediately and I confirm everything that has been noted in this forum.
The problem seems to be more widespread than it appears (telephony websites have never mentioned it). At the same time I pointed out the problem on the Italian community at the following link:

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/galaxy-s21-series/messa-a-fuoco-ultra-grandangolare-s21-ultra/m-...

In my case I noticed a slow recovery of focus during a series of shots, also trying to alternate objects close to distant objects.

Hope it's just a software issue that will be fixed in an upcoming firmware update. It is a very annoying problem.

@Simmo71  have you somehow solved or noticed procedures that reset the problem?

P.S. Sorry for the bad English. (I got help from Google Translate)

0 Likes
Ale7485
Explorer
Options

today I ran a test that seems to have worked but I need to investigate if it always works.
I would like to see if it works for others as well.
I think the problem could be the laser AF sensor, so I tried to keep a finger on this sensor while I frame a scene alternating it with a macro scene, when I go back to the pan the focus works.
Can you give it a try too?
If it works we understand where the problem lies and the Samsung developers know where to put their hand!
Let me know.

0 Likes
Adrock318
Apprentice
Options

I had the same issue after an update today. Nothing seemed to fix it until I decided to shake the phone. I read that the lens is a fixed lens but can get out of whack. After a few seconds I checked the camera again and it seemed to fix it. Not sure what was going on but that definitely did the trick. 

Ale7485
Explorer
Options

UPDATE:
after reading many forums on the web I have read about similar situations on old Samsung flagships in which to fix the problem it was enough to tap the smartphone.
Well, I tried and it actually worked. This brings the hardware issue back into play.
I have been to a Samsung service center, they recognized the problem and they will contact me to make a repair appointment.
We hope to solve it definitively!

Ale7485
Explorer
Options

After a long wait to find spare parts, on June 9 I was contacted by the Samsung Service Center to carry out the intervention the same afternoon.

At 4.30 pm on time I left my device. Samsung advertises interventions in an hour but in my case it took two, according to the technician most of the time goes away to carry out all the testing procedures on the hardware after the intervention, an absolutely necessary operation to avoid returning the device with other "problems" related to the disassembly-reassembly operation. I had already taken the afternoon off from work so it wasn't a problem an hour of waiting.
The parts changed were the entire logic board (motherboard) and the camera block, as well as the usual update to the latest firmware available to date (the same one I had before the intervention).

A week after the surgery I did not encounter the problem. I think I've finally solved it.

I am satisfied with the Samsung support.

Future users who find themselves in the same condition as me now know what to do!
In summary: the problem is hardware and has to do with the mechanical movement of the lens or the stabilization for the focus that occasionally freezes. The proof is that by tapping the smartphone it unlocks instantly and correctly focuses the scene. The intervention is covered by the warranty and it is important to show the photos, before and after our manual intervention, to the samsung service center.