Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

S21 ultra UK 5g Vodafone no beta

(Topic created on: 07-10-2021 05:11 PM)
Franciemccool
Pathfinder
Options
I have an s21 ultra 5g Vodafone model but I'm not getting the pop up for the beta off one Ui 4.0 how do I get it 
34 REPLIES 34
Imraj
Explorer
Options
You don't need to change it. You will get the update shortly. They are doing it in batches. As the above user djsuicide has also said - they don't have BTU CSC rather H3G and still got the update
Imraj
Explorer
Options
See above Screenshot_20211007-132600_Samsung Members.jpg
0 Likes
ironass
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

@Imraj 

Please post a screenshot of your, "Software information page", including the, "Service provider software version", details.

Settings > About phone > Software information >Service provider software version

Samsung are restricting the Beta firmware to unlocked, non-carrier branded, firmware on CSC code BTU, as per this statement...

beta reg_Samsung Members 1.jpg

-----------------------------------------------------------------
My device... Galaxy Z Fold5 5G 12/512GB (G946B D/S) CSC EUX. Android 14. One UI 6.1
0 Likes
TAStudios
First Poster
Options
I can confirm that you are wrong here, I have spoken to a few people on different s21 models and different carriers. Some have got it some haven't, and there is nothing to suggest that it's for unlocked phones.
0 Likes
ironass
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

@TAStudios Nothing to show that it is for unlocked phones except for the statement, "(unlocked version)", on Samsung's own website and shown in my previous screenshot.

Unfortunately, some people think that because they are on XYZ carrier that it is available from that carrier when in fact their CSC code is BTU.

So far, no-one has been able to provide a screenshot of the Beta firmware on anything other than BTU.

Carrier branded firmware is not included as it would take Samsung too long to add the various bloatware and receive carrier certification. Samsung restricted Beta test to their CSC code BTU for the S20 devices last year, also.

-----------------------------------------------------------------
My device... Galaxy Z Fold5 5G 12/512GB (G946B D/S) CSC EUX. Android 14. One UI 6.1
djsuicide
Apprentice
Options
Three uk does come carrier unlocked as standard so maybe that's why.screenshot1_4811.jpg
0 Likes
Unguru
Pioneer
Options
You receive update?
0 Likes
Imraj
Explorer
Options
Not yet
0 Likes
djsuicide
Apprentice
Options
All that says is unlocked version. Nothing about being carrier branded.
0 Likes
adamlee
Big Cheese
Options
You could sideload the beta. If you know how to, it's pretty simple, guide here.
https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/oneui-4-0-beta-1-2-exynos-update-zip-for-s21-plus-ultra-download-...