Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S21 Ultra UHQ Upscaler

(Topic created on: 16-02-2021 01:22 PM)
LiamBrown
Journeyman
Options

Hi everyone, looking for some help.

I have been looking through the sound settings on my S21 Ultra and although I am actually quite impressed with the sound I have noticed that the option for the UHQ upscaler is greyed out and I can't see how to turn it on. Through searching I have found that popular opinion seems to be it only becomes active when headphones are connected, is this the case? If so, is this option not possible with a Bluetooth connection, ie for the Buds Pro?

17 REPLIES 17
DaftPunk
Explorer
Options
I am almost sure that the UHQ will only be enabled when your s21 series is connected to the Headphones. I am waiting for the arrival of my Pro Buds.
0 Likes
_Jonno
Voyager
Options
only works with hardwire connection so wired headphones via headphone adapter
LiamBrown
Journeyman
Options
OK thanks, I did wonder if that was the reason. have you tried it? does it make much difference?
0 Likes
_Jonno
Voyager
Options
makes a very slight difference to the sound but not much just makes it slightly clearer and kind of levels out the sound
bingo80
First Poster
Options
I'm severely disappointed with this. the pro buds are the thing that sold me on the s21 ultra. they are designed to work apparently flawlessly with the phone but they do not. I have had 3 sets sent and 2 returned due to connectivity problems 1 case only had 1 bud in it. yes they fixed that problem but they get fuzzy and the sound jumps around. it's the best way I can explain it. they are an upgrade from what I had but not 230 quid better.
0 Likes
Members_kqlM9ys
First Poster
Options

I have a S21 5G and there is no port/socket for headphones. I'm sure headphones with  USB C connection are available. 

I have Galaxy Buds Live (which sound great), but the UHQ Upscaler Slide is still grayed out. 

I would find it a useful tool as I often listen to digital recordings of old cassettes.

0 Likes
Members_c6KX6hj
First Poster
Options

Don't work my beats solo wireless headphones 

0 Likes
Frederica1
First Poster
Options

I've got the s20 5G (found this thread when trying to work out why my UHQ upscaler was grayed out) my s20 came with a pair of wired headphones that are USB C. Just plugged them in and UHQ no longer grayed out but is with all my wireless headphones.

Im surprised the s21 didn't come with wired headphones but pretty sure you can find them on ebay.

I've also tired 2 different USB C DAC adapters/dongles but neither worked very well. Still trying to find a somewhat decent one

I did find this article comparing USB C headphones and DAC/external dongle, if your after sound quality might be worth looking into

Is a USB-C dongle better than USB-C headphones? 

0 Likes
jennlw1211
First Poster
Options

I have a pair of USB C headphones plugged in and the UHQ Upscaler is still greyed out and will not let me turn it on. Anyone have a solution for this?

0 Likes