Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S21 ultra top speaker crackling

(Topic created on: 25-05-2021 12:00 AM)
Ab321
Pioneer
Options
Hi

I know a few of you guys have had this issue. On my s21 ultra. At high volumes. The top speaker crackles and sounds really bad. I thought it may of been the video. So I put the same video on my s10 which sounded fine. I've had my phone for 30 days so cannot get a replacement. Has anyone had this issue resolved. Isit a known hardware issue or software issue. I don't want to send my phone to Samsung for 2 weeks and it comes back with the same issue?

Thanks 
0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6
Joeeye
Maestro
Options
How does it sound on everything else?
0 Likes
Ab321
Pioneer
Options
Sounds fine on a call. Just with media.
0 Likes
Joeeye
Maestro
Options
Well to answer your question, I don't know of any specifically known issue of the speaker crackling at max volume, but there are various ways in which it could based on the source material being played. Reason I asked you how it sounds on everything else is you mentioned one particular video, but didn't state it does it in anything else. So to really know if it's just an isolated case or if it's apparent in all media you play on your phone I needed to know. For me personally, there are times the speaker will slightly distort but typically it's very good at maximum volume, no crackling sounds.
0 Likes
Bradleigh
Voyager
Options
I had this issue with my first s21 ultra on day of release, I got it changed via my supplier EE but even after 30days samsung should honor any manufacturer faults for upto 2 years I believe.. maybe 1, give samsung customer care team a call I can more than likely say they will offer to pickup the device and send it for repair
0 Likes
Ab321
Pioneer
Options
Okay so figured it out. It's the case that is causing the crackling sound. I took the case off and the speaker sounds okay. When I put the case back I could hear the crackling/distortion. It's a spigen case by the way. Atleast I don't need to worry about sending it back now. Phew
0 Likes
AngryBaldMan
First Poster
Options

Thank you so much. I couldn't believe my phone was having these issues after only 2 weeks and your message cleared everything up. I'm using the Spigen Ultra Armor and it seems it has this weird quirk :smiling-face: thank you so much for posting that solution!

0 Likes