Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S21 Ultra - Terrible battery

(Topic created on: 24-02-2021 12:16 PM)
mariyantest3
Explorer
Options
Hello,

I have issues with my battery too (exynos version). I don't think that 5000mAh are enough only for 3-4 hours SoT in the best scenario. Yes, I charged my phone on 2 days but I can acheve only around 3h SoT.  I'm not person who are playing games or watching videos. The device is using only for standard things: social browsing, checking mails, calls and smart watch connection. GPS connection is disabled by default.  In battery section my top usage app is : "Google Play services". For example : Today I already lost 25% with 40 min SOT which is not good, if I'm right? Already tried everything as put apps in deep sleep and  etc. Already tried to stop a lot of things from settings but by I don't think that is normal for device in this price range (a.k.a. flagship). The only thing that I didn't try is factory reset but I'm not sure that this will help me.  I don't know how the other users are have 7-8-9 SoT.  

Any advice?

Thank you!

0 Likes
26 REPLIES 26
Babishko
Hotshot
Options
3 hours screen time is pretty woeful mariyantest. My S21 Ultra is getting over twice that and then some on good days. Tinglish (below) suggests wiping the cache partition which is the best place to start. Regular reboots may also. My phone would only charge slowly at first and got too warm just opening the camera app but I kept patient with the thing as it is new and still optimizing and getting itself set up, and sure enough it soon sorted the charging issue out and the camera is now running cool. I hope that a future software update can rectify this problem for you or that like my phone yours will right itself and that you get much better life as it is one of the most important features of the phone isn't it?.. It seems to me that there is a bit of an early performance difference between one Exynos chipped phone and the next. Some perform better than others and they can have problems in different areas. In fairness the 2100 is a very powerful chip with great potential but it should be perfect out of the box or at least more consistent in it's performance. I suggest you use power saver mode on your phone for a short time at regular intervals mariyantest so your phone is forced to focus on it's battery usage and that this forced optimization reaps benefits when you turn saver mode off again. Good luck mariyantest and to everyone else out there with this stressful problem.👍
tinglish
Hotshot
Options
yeah like Peter said also turn scanning for printer off
0 Likes
mariyantest3
Explorer
Options

Yes, I have already did that. I'm with dark mode, turned off printer scanning, Wifi is turned off. At the moment I'm using only Bluethooth, Mobile data (4G - disabled 5g searching) and Sync, nothing else. I think that if I'm open the camera app my phone will die in 10 minutes.. 

@Babishko - Thank you for the reply. I don't think that power save mode 'ON' will help me a lot and why we get such an expensive device if we use 'power save mode'?

aa68
Voyager
Options
bro i got 11 hours easy on my old note 9 😬
mariyantest3
Explorer
Options

This is my current state...

processed (2).jpeg

0 Likes
PaulMrT
Pathfinder
Options
I wasn't overally impressed with my Note 20 Ultra battery coming from recently A70. All the usual done Dark Mode Deep Sleep etc. I'd lose the 120Hz if can drop to 60hz. In developer mode I have all 3 animation options OFF as not into all the graphical woo's and oohs. Have power save on and I prefer 3.0 power options to 2.5 as was so complicated imho. Now get 2 days normal use and when hits 10 percent I charge.
0 Likes
Joeeye
Maestro
Options
How long you been off WiFi? I could be wrong but it looks to me like Google Play is trying to auto update apps but won't if you have it set to only update apps on WiFi. Its likely checking often or something is already set to download but is in waiting until you aren't on a metered connection (mobile data). I'm guessing this based on the fact your Google play Services has pretty much almost the same background usage as your on time.

Attached is one of my most recent battery screens. it's what I've typically had in SoT since I had the phone nearly a month ago.

Screenshot_20210218-154704_Device care.jpg

M3st3ru
Navigator
Options
send it back as the battery seems faulty.
0 Likes
tinglish
Hotshot
Options
the fact that the s21 ultra can match the note 9 for battery is impressive,when you consider it has a bigger and better screen plus alot more going on under the hood 💪
0 Likes
aa68
Voyager
Options
ikr it is quite impressive but keep in mind the note 9 is a little older
0 Likes