Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S21 ULTRA TEMPERED GLASS

(Topic created on: 09-01-2023 08:38 AM)
KayeP
Journeyman
Options
Hello everyone.

I m looking to buy tempered glass with good fingerprint sensor for S21 ULTRA 5G.
I bought couple of from Amazon ,but fingerprint sensor doesn't work !

Any suggestions, welcome.

Thank you.
0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8
Fiona26
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options
Spigen Glas.tR Platinum 2.0 Tempered Glass Screen Protector for Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra - 1 Pack https://amzn.eu/d/i6CXvmd

[Dome Glass] Galaxy S21 Ultra Screen Protector, Full HD Clear 3D Curved Edge Tempered Glass [Compatible with Ultrasonic Fingerprint] Semi-Automatic 4 Step Installation by Whitestone - Two Pack https://amzn.eu/d/87b7BV2

I've put a link to a couple that I know are pretty good and do work with fingerprint. Little pricey mind you, but if you watch the tutorials on how to install. You should get good results. Up to you though, read reviews before you decide.
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
The Spigen one is the one I'd go for
The kits work really well
smiley
Troubleshooter
Options
Funnily enough the Spigen one that fiona has posted is actually also made by Whitestone and it is a collaboration project between whitestone and spigen.

Over the 2 years of my s21 ultra, I have tried many different ones.

The Whitestone dome above was the best of the bunch but I did have varied success.

The first of the two applied correctly on the first attempt and after watching videos... but be very careful and use a flat surface ! However after a period of around 3 or 4 months then a crack appeared somewhere close to the top where the screen is curved. I lived with this for a few further months before I decided to replace for the second protector in the kit.

I did a second attempt but this time I was a little bit quick with the process and it went wrong ! The liquid glue did not centralise correctly and there was a big air bubble at the bottom.

I contacted Whitestone and they were good enough to provide a warranty replacement for free. This was very good of them. I did a better job and it worked. This protector lasted another 6 months or so... and also then started some fine cracking around the curves.

So bearing in mind these protectors costed £40+ for two... it was not the cheapest or the best experience.

I have tried a couple of other cheaper tempered glass covers and they didn't work with finger sensor.

There are a few reasonable protectors on amazon that are flexible... of course these are not as good protection but still stop scratches etc.

For the past few months I have started using the phone without a protector. To be honest the glass screen is fine without if you are a careful owner... and I haven't seen any signs of micro scratches just yet... I do also have it pocketed with keys etc at times.

Hope this helps.

Smiley
- Smiley
------------------------------------------------------------------------
SAMSUNG S23 ULTRA 512GB SM-S918B/DS

Samsung Galaxy Watch 5 Pro SM-R920 in Grey Titanium
Samsung Galaxy Buds2 Pro SM-R510 in Graphite
0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@KayeP 

My preference is the Whitestone Dome Protectors.

They work well with the fingerprint scanner and there are no dead spots due to the way the Protectors adhere to the the display.

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
HootleTootle
Voyager
Options
They're all a waste of time. The money I spent on screen protectors for my Samsungs with the ultrasonic reader and ended up throwing them out, would have paid for a new screen.

I just use mine without now.
0 Likes
NHPIXELSPHOTOGRAPHY
Pathfinder
Options
Personally speaking as above have a look at Amazon but check for customer reviews or better still ask the question to the seller this way you have some fall back.
0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

You're braver than me @HootleTootle  👍 

I'd be concerned about accidental bumps and any micro scratches that could occur 🤔

I've used Whitestone Dome Glass Screen Protectors on my phone's  [ My Fold³ being the one exception ] , and they've all worked pretty well with the fingerprint scanner.

One tip I picked up is after the 1st curing with the Uv light is to press gently down where the scanner is and then finish off with the 2nd Uv curing.

The Protectors have done their job especially when one of my younger grandchildren decided to see if they could use my phone as a skipping stone 🫣

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
KayeP
Journeyman
Options
Thank you 💖 All of u for your generous response loaded with experiences. I will go for Whitestone Dome Protectors.

Thanks again...
0 Likes