Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S21 Ultra take forever to charge

(Topic created on: 04-02-2021 11:25 PM)
bkthebk
Apprentice
Options

Admittedly I am using a generic charger, but should it take 5 hours to charge fully from 50%?  This is incredibly longer than my last phone. 

15 REPLIES 15
Benji123
First Poster
Options
it has max 25 Watt charger where as the note 10 plus 5g is 45watt charger so it will take longer to charge using a regular charger plus the ultra has a 5000mah battery so will take longer to charge a bugger battery.

hope it helps 🙏🙂
jimsouthstand
Pioneer
Options
Are you using 25W Fast Charger which came with the S20? Otherw
jimsouthstand
Pioneer
Options
if not its available in the Samsung Store if thats where you shop or there will be after market ones available on Amazon etc
ironass
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

Using the official 25W charger and USB-C-to-C cable from Samsung, my Galaxy S21 Ultra's 5000 mAh battery can charge to more than 50% in 30 min's. 

See... https://www.samsung.com/uk/mobile-accessories/wall-charger-super-fast-charging-25w-ep-ta800xbeggb/

-----------------------------------------------------------------
My device... Galaxy Z Fold5 5G 12/512GB (G946B D/S) CSC EUX. Android 14. One UI 6.1
bkthebk
Apprentice
Options

Thank you all for the feedback.  I definitely wouldn't expect it to charge as fast compared to the official 25W....but my charging time seems like a pretty outrageous difference.  With the battery issues reported I was wondering if mine is defective or not working well. 

0 Likes
GalaxyAsh
Voyager
Options
my S21 Ultra charges as fast as my S20 Ultra with the same 25 watt charger, around 50% in 30 minutes ( as above ) I haven't noticed you mention if it is just a standard 5 watt charger but if you're using a higher wattage than 5 watt but not a "Super Fast Charger" go to Settings >> Battery & Device Care >> Battery >> more Battery Settings and toggle on Fast Charging. that should speed it up.
bkthebk
Apprentice
Options

Thank you!  I will give that a try. 

0 Likes
sundai
Pioneer
Options
I noticed that when I charged my s21 U. for the first time it was taking ages - 10 minutes for 5% - and was off. When I powdered on, it asked straight away if I wanted to enable fast charge, immediately fixing the issue. Full charge in just over an hour
0 Likes
ironass
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

I am guessing that you had not enabled Fast Charge when setting your phone up, in...

Settings > Battery and device care > Battery >More Battery settings > Charging... Fast charging/Super fast charging/Fast wireless charging

-----------------------------------------------------------------
My device... Galaxy Z Fold5 5G 12/512GB (G946B D/S) CSC EUX. Android 14. One UI 6.1