Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S21 Ultra system volume too loud

(Topic created on: 26-03-2021 11:07 PM)
Qash001
Explorer
Options
Anyone else noticed that "system sounds" are far too loud, even on the lowest setting? What I mean are the in-app sounds from FB and WhatsApp etc (considered system sounds for some reason). 

What can be done about it? I'm not keen on turning the sounds off completely, just want them at a softer volume that isn't so offensive especially late in the evenings.
45 REPLIES 45
SmallFish
Helping Hand
Options

All I can suggest it raising an Error Report in the Members app.

I have the same problem with system sounds (sometimes if you go to adjust the volume in a system app then it's like "hell, what on Earth?")

I've disabled evil FB and most active notifications (with sounds - this seems to work). So I can't comment on app specific stuff.

0 Likes
SmallFish
Helping Hand
Options

Error Report in Members app. If enough people do that and link to this post for info then they might listen.

Stevesdown
First Poster
Options

Yes and it's  annoying as heck 

0 Likes
Nyvideo
Journeyman
Options

Mine is now working fine.  It's using the system sounds volume and following it correctly.    I think it's something facebook fixed since that's had a few new versions and none from Samsung.

0 Likes
Qash001
Explorer
Options
Facebook app update today and yeah the 'full Vol or zero' issue is resolved, now just back to the original issue of minimum volume is still extremely loud
TheNina
Student
Options

Well I never did anything, but it seems to be fixed now. 🤷‍♀️

0 Likes
GemD
First Poster
Options
My recent update has caused this too. All notifications from FB are at full volume, even though sounds are turned off in the app. Have uninstalled and now using the lite version, but it's not the smoothest of apps!
0 Likes
TJ_Paints_and_Games
Journeyman
Options

I know this is bumping a slightly old topic, but this is not fixed for me. Facebook, Messenger, Google Messages (SMS app), Office Lens, loads of others still have incredibly loud volumes for In App sounds despite all volume bars being at the lowest.

Clearly, the fault is with the OS (whether the Google side or Samsung side, or both!) rather than the apps.

0 Likes
TJ_Paints_and_Games
Journeyman
Options

Galaxy S21 for clarity.

0 Likes
Qash001
Explorer
Options
Yep no fix