Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S21 Ultra system volume too loud

(Topic created on: 18-03-2021 08:26 PM)
Qash001
Explorer
Options
Anyone else noticed that "system sounds" are far too loud, even on the lowest setting? What I mean are the in-app sounds from FB and WhatsApp etc (considered system sounds for some reason). 

What can be done about it? I'm not keen on turning the sounds off completely, just want them at a softer volume that isn't so offensive especially late in the evenings.
45 REPLIES 45
Qash001
Explorer
Options
This seems like a new issue and I'm seeing this as well since one of the latest firmware updates.
0 Likes
Nyvideo
Journeyman
Options

The question is how do we let Samsung know?    I tried calling for support and was told to turn the volume down.   They even explained how to get to system sounds but had no comprehension about how 1 app could be louder and I must be doing something wrong.

AguRemm
Student
Options

I have the same issue for S21, some apps make loud noise like FB, Microsoft Lens. No solution found.

BooBoo14
Student
Options

Oh I am having the same issue. You're not alone. It's so annoying when I comment or like something on FB it's notification sounds is so so loud. 

BooBoo14
Student
Options

I uninstalled and installed facebook lite and that works better. Plus the fb lite uses less batt power while running in the background just an fyi. Good luck. Much quieter on the lite

0 Likes
Nyvideo
Journeyman
Options

It's interesting the Facebook app seems to use system sounds.   It won't follow the system settings volume but if you mute system sounds Facebook gets muted.

I just tried Facebook lite as suggested and that is using the media volume setting and is adjustable.   If you change or mute the system sounds it has no affect.    It's odd one uses system sounds and the other media sound. 

TheNina
Student
Options

Glad I found this thread. I thought I was going crazy. Going to try uninstalling and reinstalling the FB app as that's been the app I've noticed this on. 

Qash001
Explorer
Options
let us know if it works as had no impact for me
0 Likes
S-a_r-a_h14
First Poster
Options

Just open the FB App, tap the menu button (top right), scroll down and expand Settings and Privacy, tap Settings, scroll down to Media and Contacts and tap that option. In there, you can turn Sounds in the App on/off.

0 Likes
AguRemm
Student
Options

Thanks, this works perfectly for FB. Any hacks for Microsoft Lens?

0 Likes