Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S21 Ultra system volume too loud

(Topic created on: 12-03-2021 12:41 PM)
Qash001
Explorer
Options
Anyone else noticed that "system sounds" are far too loud, even on the lowest setting? What I mean are the in-app sounds from FB and WhatsApp etc (considered system sounds for some reason). 

What can be done about it? I'm not keen on turning the sounds off completely, just want them at a softer volume that isn't so offensive especially late in the evenings.
45 REPLIES 45
Nyvideo
Journeyman
Options

I'm also having the exact same issue where Facebook and FB messenger sounds are very loud.    Lowering system and notification volumes doesn't change anything.   I just uninstalled and re-installed Facebook and same issue.

JasoX
First Poster
Options

S21 ultra here, same issue. Super annoying,  any solutions?

ndompierre
Apprentice
Options

I did 2 more things before reinstalling the app. 1. Wiped system cache from bootloader 2. Tried the "Repair App" from the bootloader menu who bring the optimizing after an update the next reboot. After these 2 things the volume was still high, and reinstall did the trick. Hope this help.

0 Likes
Nyvideo
Journeyman
Options

I just tried those and still loud sounds from facebook

0 Likes
Qash001
Explorer
Options
is it the same issue though? I've had the issue since the preorder firmware release and not that the sounds are maxed or off, but that they are far too loud to be considered the lowest setting.
Qash001
Explorer
Options
nothing yet. another user here suggests uninstalling and re-installing said apps but that for me would mean all of them since it's not condone to a single app and not since and post-release firmware update.
ndompierre
Apprentice
Options

Got issue with facebook app too, unable to correct this. i.e. when clicking "Like" if volume is at 1% or at 100% it always sounds at 100%, same thing with my Galaxy Tab S7+. My wife Galaxy Tab S5e and Galaxy S9 don't have this problem so i suspect an update on recent Samsung devices.

Hanks1878
Explorer
Options
Got exactly the same problem. What happens if you turn off System Sounds altogether?
0 Likes
Qash001
Explorer
Options
The sounds go silent if you mute them
Hanks1878
Explorer
Options
Hi sorry, I meant what sounds pls? presuming not ring, text sounds etc?
0 Likes