Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S21 ultra stuttering

(Topic created on: 27-01-2022 10:19 AM)
K45h
Explorer
Options
Ever since the new security patch, my phone keeps stuttering. It's getting beyond useless using this. I have read that there is a known issue?
29 REPLIES 29
Blessed4life
Black Belt 
Options
Hi, thanks for the suggestions, I've tried a factory reset, cleared the cache partition run safe mode, used good guardian yet the stuttering still persists, I only have the apps installed that came with the phone, I also don't play games or have other apps installed, the reason I've put it down to the second January update is it was running smoothly on the previous January update.
I'm always one to follow the smart procedures to keep my device running smoothly & getting the most out of the battery.
Thanks again for your suggestions, hopefully for me the next update will fix the stuttering.
0 Likes
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Hi, I wish I had a silver bullet to zap the problem but my housekeeping after the update wasn't as thorough as yours.
I also don't like to give up on issues, either. Do you mind humouring me by uploading a SS of the app usage data as mentioned in my previous post?
Thanks
Blessed4life
Black Belt 
Options
Hi, here you go.
Screenshot_20220128-095255_Device care_1041_1643363586.jpg
0 Likes
Charles312
Apprentice
Options

Hello, I'm having the same stutter issue mentioned by other users.

Haven't done anything with the apps before or after the update. The update is definitely the cause.

Here's a picture of my battery usage apps. I only play casual that single game, but the stutter happens randomly when just using the phone randomly.

Screenshot_20220128-131718_Device_care.jpg

Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

Hi, thanks for uploading. There doesn't seem to be any app issues. I know the YouTube figure is high but that is normal with that use. Your battery stats look good. I don't know if you have motion smoothness set to adaptive, I have enabled that and just using FHD+ screen res. Apart from those things, I'm stumped. I got my Ultra last April and am beginning to wonder if there were Quality Control Issues with certain batches. There has to be a reason why we don't all face the same problem and I can't work out what it is yet.

Have you tried any diagnostics in the members app? From there you could follow up and use Fast Care to speak to a technician. 

0 Likes
Blessed4life
Black Belt 
Options
Hi, you're welcome & there is a new hotfix update out for the s21 models so I'll see if that fixes the stuttering.
Thanks for your suggestions though.
Charles312
Apprentice
Options

I've been using the Adaptive setting since my last post 3 days ago. 

Can say that I've not seen the issue anymore.

I'll keep it like this this week to have a better opinion. Will change back to Standard next week I guess to do more testing. 

0 Likes
RPV2X
First Poster
Options

I had / have this exact same issue. Didn't do factory reset as I'm too lazy to back up everything etc. For me it was stuttering every now and then, sometimes more sometimes less and it was horrible, FPS like 5 to 10, couldn't type or anything well. It lasted always couple min then it was back to normal. However after I did change to Adaptive setting for display to allow up to 120 Hz no stuttering so far. Of course battery drains faster but since last update honestly haven't felt too much of a difference battery wise with the Adaptive display compared to normal. 

rulandu
Journeyman
Options

I have the same issue on my s21 ultra. Randomly stuttering, like 10 fps during 20 seconds more or less. My adaptative setting is on.

0 Likes
SieYieWen
First Poster
Options

me too bro. i knew it because i have 2 phones. ones after update the camera gets stutter all over the place while the one whoch didnt update still silky smooth. i dont is this the way they make our phone worse so we buy the s23. but this is sucks. 

0 Likes