Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S21 Ultra Stops playing music when I plug in charger

(Topic created on: 17-05-2021 11:37 AM)
Cougar99
Apprentice
Options

Whenever I plug in my charger my phone will automatically stop playing music. Does anyone know of a way to stop this happening? I've been trying since release and just cant figure it out.

Thanks in advanced.

6 REPLIES 6
KholaI
Options

Hey @Cougar99 

This does sound quite strange. Is it with all music apps? Are you playing music via the speakers, or a Bluetooth device?

0 Likes
Cougar99
Apprentice
Options

Im using spotify, essentially if i have music pre playing and then plug in the charger it pauses.  Its more of an annoyance that i've never had with any of the previous phones.

Edit, i'm using speakers connected via aux cable.

0 Likes
KholaI
Options

Just so I get this right, you're playing music via a speaker which is connected by an aux wire, and when you remove the aux to insert the charger cable, the music stops? If so, this is completely normal as the S21 only has the USB C port, and not the headphone jack. So, if the aux cable is removed from the phone, then the music will stop playing.

0 Likes
Cougar99
Apprentice
Options

No exactly, i am using an adaptor so i can have both the charger and the aux cable plugged in together, if i plug the charger into the wall while music is playing it stops the music.

tmbstyle
First Poster
Options

I have the same problem so please let me know if there is a resolution

KholaI
Options

It may be an issue with the adapter, rather than the phone. The adapter may be having a hard time juggling two outputs at the same time, perhaps. As this is a third-party accessory, there isn't much else I can say about this really.