Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S21 Ultra speaker crackling

(Topic created on: 10-08-2022 02:31 AM)
Daviek28
Pathfinder
Options
The top speaker on my phone has started to randomly crackle sometimes it's fine then later it will crackle.  I can't think if this started just after an update anyone else having this problem?
10 REPLIES 10
AndrewL
Options

@Daviek28: To gain a better understanding of the issue, please can you confirm what app or feature you're using when the speaker crackles? In the meantime, please head to the Samsung Members app > Get Help > Diagnostics > Speaker, and follow the on screen instructions. Does this return any 'Action required' notifications following the tests? 

0 Likes
Daviek28
Pathfinder
Options
It could be any app , music player , Facebook, YouTube, even the phone ringing. I could play a song Sweet Jane by Cowboy Junikes for instance and the sound front speaker at top of screen crackles like it's either too loud or the speaker is damaged , 2 minutes later I could play the same song and the sound is fine .
0 Likes
Daviek28
Pathfinder
Options
Also the test says normal
0 Likes
Members_rAKiMV9
First Poster
Options

I have the same Issue. Any solutions?

Whenever it happens i can temporarily fix it by going to cal *#0*# and clicking the speaker testing. It will crackle and then stop en then i will just continue listening/watching

Is there any solutions cause it seems to be happening more and more

0 Likes
Daviek28
Pathfinder
Options
At the top centre of the screen there is a very small gap between the screen and the phone bezel, I blew in there and then put the edge of a piece of paper in then blew again, my phone hasn't done it since finger crossed.
0 Likes
papadawg
First Poster
Options

I have exactly the same issue since a week. I can't tell wether it is a software problem or a hardware problem. 

0 Likes
sunnyc1
First Poster
Options
Mine has been doing the same for the past 2-3 weeks has there been a fix for this?
0 Likes
Daviek28
Pathfinder
Options
I just blew into the small gap at the top of the screen above camera , it hasn't done it since
Daviek28
Pathfinder
Options
I've recently read it's a design flaw caused by pressure as the phone is sealed, my phone has done it a few times since I asked the question. if you take the sim tray out and then put it back in, the crackling from the top speaker should stop.
0 Likes