Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S21 ultra. Sounding muffled to others

(Topic created on: 28-11-2021 07:49 PM)
Motty2012
Pathfinder
Options
Hi guys. I sound muffled to others on a call. It's only when I hold phone to my ear. Speaker phone is fine. I've done factory reset etc etc. Voice memos are fine on bottom mic. I'm starting to believe it's an issue with the noise cancellation system. ie it is over compensating and muffling your voice. Any thoughts?  #s21ultra #calls 
0 Likes
12 REPLIES 12
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
I believe notice cancellation is only for ear buds, shouldn't affect the phone speaker.
0 Likes
Motty2012
Pathfinder
Options
No.. There is noise cancellation on the phone to stop the person you are calling hearing background noise.
0 Likes
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options
Have you tried doing the loopback tests for the audio input/output ?
0 Likes
Motty2012
Pathfinder
Options
Yes I have.. Very feint on Mic 1.
0 Likes
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options
Samsung service is the place you need to contact. I think there is a issue with the hardware on the phone.
Motty2012
Pathfinder
Options
Which parts do you think need replacing? It's more complex than just the bottom mic I think. Already have a repair booked but I who knows if that sorts it
0 Likes
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options
I think there is a known fault on the bottom circuit board where the microphone is mounted. Either way samsung will fix it. No point worrying about it mate. Leave it to the eggheads 😆
Motty2012
Pathfinder
Options
Thanks mate
SophieJ1
Apprentice
Options

Hello! I am having the same issue, but mine is video + voice call on and off speaker. Even the background noise can hardly be heard (tv or my toddler) had an S10 and no issues. My husband is the one who has picked it up, he says it sounds like there is no one there at times.