Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S21 Ultra - Slowmo AND Ultra-Slowmo - camera stutter / unusable

(Topic created on: 31-07-2021 11:51 PM)
Tinolino
Journeyman
Options

Hey guys.

On my new S21 Ultra the slowmo and ultra slowmo camera do not work properly. When you playback the  recorded video it stutters. It also stutters when copied to the PC - so its not the video playback - the video file is broken.

I have the newest update (the one that came 3 days ago). It did not fix this issue. The issue persists before and after this newest update.

Has anyone found a solution to this problem yet?

Alternative link to the video:

https://streamable.com/ucko9q

Example video:

47 REPLIES 47
UvularBicycle28
Journeyman
Options

As mentioned in my post, I have tried all kinds of lighting conditions including direct sunlight. Anyways, I would prefer slightly lower resolution if it came without stutter. 

0 Likes
Dom G
First Poster
Options

Do you find the same problem occurs in scenes with low and high detail and those with low and high movement within the scene?

0 Likes
UvularBicycle28
Journeyman
Options

The amount of movement and details don't seem to make a difference but today I noticed that backlit scenes are much more prone to stutter than scenes with less dynamic range. Have a look at https://youtube.com/shorts/YHpyU2OK2fQ?feature=share to see an example where a lot of stutter occurs (and don't ask me what's going on with the sound) 

0 Likes
UvularBicycle28
Journeyman
Options

Another observation I've done is that super-slowmo is stuttering less. Perhaps due to lower res and limited recording time. 

0 Likes
Dom G
First Poster
Options

Interesting. The scene I was trying to film with the M31S also contained a bright backlit sky when I first noticed the problem. Similar scene with no sky visible was much smoother. The processors must be struggling with compression surely?

YouTube also struggles to encode this footage in half decent quality but you get the idea...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kmdMB_Aim8M

0 Likes
UvularBicycle28
Journeyman
Options

I just filmed the same scene twice - once with slowmo and one with super-slowmo. It's only slowmo that stutters. Are you all having the same experience? 

0 Likes
Boban Peric
First Poster
Options

Hello,

My s21+ startet to sttuter. After few minutes on the hot beach, using camera for filming I switched to slow mo.

Both videos sttutered amd frame droping...

Later in room condition it behaves rather well. I think its the temperature that is killing and throtling procesor

0 Likes
Members_ISvtwyY
First Poster
Options

The same with me. Slow motion is laggy where super slow motion is Normal. Exynos s21 5g

0 Likes
miss5tability
Apprentice
Options

on samung a52s any camera dotn work properly video is choppy as ***** and i se stuttering like hell, wtf this phone cost 500 bucks and its a *****

0 Likes
petepetepete
First Poster
Options

No need to be a **** mate.

0 Likes