Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S21 Ultra - Slowmo AND Ultra-Slowmo - camera stutter / unusable

(Topic created on: 06-04-2021 06:24 PM)
Tinolino
Journeyman
Options

Hey guys.

On my new S21 Ultra the slowmo and ultra slowmo camera do not work properly. When you playback the  recorded video it stutters. It also stutters when copied to the PC - so its not the video playback - the video file is broken.

I have the newest update (the one that came 3 days ago). It did not fix this issue. The issue persists before and after this newest update.

Has anyone found a solution to this problem yet?

Alternative link to the video:

https://streamable.com/ucko9q

Example video:

47 REPLIES 47
Tinolino
Journeyman
Options

It doesnt have to be an isolted features - slowmo and superslowmo are just very rarely used modes in general. I love them. But i bet 95% of users never touch them.

And yes - every single video is stuttering.

0 Likes
Tinolino
Journeyman
Options

You say you read my post. But then you still ignore the fact that only the slowmo and super slowmo camera modes are effected.

The stutter does not happen with normal video. Only slowmo. And you can not take slowmo videos in Pro or Auto. So your suggestions are pointless. But thanks for trying.

0 Likes
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Here is another one ..if you are up for it.

Do try outside if you could do a slow mo on a speeding car or someone running etc. . And see if it is still happening.
0 Likes
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Little bit info you may find interesting.

Apparently the S21 Ultra doesn't natively shoot at 960 fps due to the big sensor but shoots at 480fps and upscale to 960.

The other s21 and s21 plus can shoot natively at 960fps.

Also main lens is used in slo mo and wide lens is used in super slo mo.

So although it may not help your situation may the info might help you to understand what's happening.

Seems like a bummer but do report on my other suggestion of shooting outdoors.
0 Likes
Joeeye
Maestro
Options
What I'm saying is the issue you're experiencing is likely an isolated issue to your device since I've not seen anyone else's complaint with this feature. I've tested the feature myself on my device and it does not exhibit this stuttering that appears to be plaguing your device. Its not 100% proof that it works fine for everyone but based on these facts (no other complaints) I've stated that it's unlikely a widespread bug. I'm not diminishing the fact your device has an issue either, just suggesting that it's more likely a hardware fault than a software one.
0 Likes
Ankit Peet
First Poster
Options

I am having a similar issue with slow motion on my s21ultra as well. 

klumpo
Apprentice
Options

Hi!

I have the same problem with my S21 Ultra exonys 512GB. It happens only in slow motion mode in low lightning conditions. slow motion in brighter lightning conditions, and super slow-mo in any conditions works fine.

This is with latest updates at the time of my post.

https://youtu.be/4yFxLrQj4eY

That was 4 months ago I think 4k 60 and slow motion in good lightning conditions have been fixed I haven't encountered it lately, slow motion in dark conditions  still stutter.

0 Likes
UvularBicycle28
Journeyman
Options

For what it's worth - I have a 2 months old S21 Exonys with 128 GB memory (SM-G991B) and experience this stutter regardless of lighting conditions. I have the latest software update (that was pushed out a few days ago) that was supposed to improve the camera but this issue still exist. I have tried to clear cache and data + reboot but it didn't work. Very annoying since I love the feature. 

0 Likes
Dom G
First Poster
Options

I suspect the processor simply can't keep up when there is excessive detail or motion in the subject being filmed. It drops frames to compensate. I get the same thing with Samsung M31S. Possibly also related to sensor size? I expect better from Samsung.

0 Likes
Dom G
First Poster
Options

May also be a problem in low light if the processor interprets noise as detail.

0 Likes