Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S21 Ultra - Slowmo AND Ultra-Slowmo - camera stutter / unusable

(Topic created on: 06-04-2021 01:32 PM)
Tinolino
Journeyman
Options

Hey guys.

On my new S21 Ultra the slowmo and ultra slowmo camera do not work properly. When you playback the  recorded video it stutters. It also stutters when copied to the PC - so its not the video playback - the video file is broken.

I have the newest update (the one that came 3 days ago). It did not fix this issue. The issue persists before and after this newest update.

Has anyone found a solution to this problem yet?

Alternative link to the video:

https://streamable.com/ucko9q

Example video:

47 REPLIES 47
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Why would you torture a cactus 🌵 with so much water 💧.. tsk tsk
0 Likes
Joeeye
Maestro
Options
Used mine yesterday and it works perfectly.
0 Likes
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
To answer your question I am none the wiser but
Under video settings, try using a higher frame rate and see if it helps.

Also remember super slowmo will need good lighting conditions to work properly.

And lastly close all other apps when attempting slow mo.

Added note - You would need some kind of stabilisation when taking video as any shake will magnify in the slowmo.

Having said all that, Samsung might need to finesse it in future updates.
0 Likes
Tinolino
Journeyman
Options

Do you reply this to every bug that doesn't affect you?

You did not even leave helpful information like if you use Snapdragon or Exynos. Or which version the phone is running.

0 Likes
Tinolino
Journeyman
Options

Did you even read my post?

• The slowmo and superslowmo stutter. It has nothing to do with the framerate - the video periodically stutters / stops / skips.
  • You cant even set the framerate on those. They are 240 / 480 fixed if i remember correctly.
  • Of course there was also no other app running.
  • The phone / camera was not shaking. As you can see in the video.
0 Likes
Joeeye
Maestro
Options
It's the Exynos 512GB. Rarely use slow mo, so can't comment on how it was prior to the latest update (April patch), but it worked perfectly fine the first time I tried it. Before declaring it a bug, I'd test it multiple times first. Does it do it all the time? If it has never produced one normal (or expected) video then the fault is likely a hardware issue. I've seen many complaints but not many in regard to the slow motion camera so its more likely yours is an isolated issue rather than a widespread software bug.
0 Likes
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
I read your post, and I did mention first hand I was non the wiser.
But certain thinks could affect any aspects of photography or video.

Have you tried it in Auto and Pro Mode?

I love to eliminate all possibilities before coming to conclusions.
If you have done that and nobody here can sort it for you and then you are better off dealing directly with Samsung support team.
Good Luck and let us know if you managed to solve it or not.
0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@Tinolino: I'm sorry to hear that you're having some issues with the Super Slow Motion feature. Can you try heading to Settings > Apps > Camera > Clear Cache > Clear Data, then restart your S21 Ultra? If you record a clip, then go into edit mode and move the sliders at the bottom of the screen to assign slow motion to a portion of the clip, leaving the rest at normal speed, does the stuttering persist? 

0 Likes
Tinolino
Journeyman
Options

Hello,

I did clear the camera app cache and data and then rebooted. It sadly didnt help. Here is the result: You can see skipping at 14s, 20s, etc

https://streamable.com/14x3ri

Editing the slowmo doesnt change anything. Neither at the start, middle or towards the end of the video file.

When I copy the video from android to PC the skipping / stuttering still persists. So the error is already in the video file - even before editing it.