Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S21 Ultra Slow Wi-Fi 6

(Topic created on: 03-07-2021 12:38 AM)
mrphoe
Journeyman
Options

Screenshot_20210224-204731_Speedtest.jpg

Has anybody else experienced this issue on their S21 Ultra where their Wifi6 downloads are slower than normal? My upload seems fine, giving how far I sit from the router to test (speeds match laptop and other devices). I'm on symmetrical gigabit internet and my current router is set to Wifi6 on the 5GHz 4x4 band @ 160MHz (DFS) that sits alone on the channel that I've specified (pretty packed community, luckily there are many channels that are free to choose).

14 REPLIES 14
Joeeye
Maestro
Options
Huh, strange stuff. 😕
0 Likes
jpouza
Student
Options

Same issue here...600/300 ISP, WiFi 6 router and S21+, only download speeds are way lower than usual (380-550Mbps max, 650 only reached 2x times), upload gives me more than 400Mbps every time, this does not happen with my PC AX adapter, clearly WiFi will never be good as cable, maybe 5GHz band have a lot of interference, you should test your device with WiFi6E and a proper router.

0 Likes
S-ALI
First Poster
Options
Download the WiFiMan app and when you run a speed test it will show you the connection speed and if the phone is using WiFi 6, dont ask why my speed is slow.Screenshot_20210702-231641_WiFiman.jpg
mrphoe
Journeyman
Options

@jpouza what do you consider a "proper router?" My measly GT-AX11000 must not be enough!

jpouza
Student
Options

You have one of the best routers available in the market... I've solved my problem and it was a router firmware issue, now I can get almost 900Mbps via WiFi6 with my S21+ and an Asus AX86U with my 900Mbps load balanced links.

Try the last FW from Asus and if not OK, you must try other/older releases.

Cheers

0 Likes