Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S21 Ultra, slow charging after generating random MOISTURE IN THE CHARGIN PORT messages when phone was dry while I was driving.

(Topic created on: 26-07-2021 08:01 PM)
Amiran
First Poster
Options

Does not matter how many times I reset. The phone is 4 months old.

I have had, S8plus, S10 plus for years and never ran into this.

Last month S21 is only charging in slow mode.  From the beginning, there was not a distinctive click like you get on widows usb-c charging port. 

I appreciate covid and Samsung like other high-tech manufacturers had to save here and there on quality control but this is too much for £1300 phone to star falling apart in 4 months. I would buy xiaomi and throw away in 6 months if I knew that.

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @Amiran 

I've seen past posts on this forum and others in relation to phone's for some reason showing this type of message.

I know we've been having extreme hot weather in the UK which can cause condensation inside the phone.

Usually the message you are seeing disappears after around 5 or so minutes.

As with all manufacturers of phone not just Samsung people do sometimes get a lemon. 

i.e a faulty phone.

A Samsung Experience Store or Samsung Service Centre can definitely take a look at the phone for you.

The phone is covered for 2 years under the Manufacturers Warranty.

If the phone was purchased through a network contract then it may also be worth speaking to their Customer services too.

Some relevant information in Consumer-Rights-Act 2015. 

I wish you all the best with this. 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

Amiran
First Poster
Options
Thanks for reply and suggestion.
I will try to walk up to samsung store and see if they can help.
0 Likes
AbhishekSharma
First Poster
Options

Hey any update on this? Did you get any assistance from the store? I had the EXACT SAME ISSUE with my S21 today.. Moisture detected warning out of nowhere and now it is not charging fast.. it shows cable charging instead of super fast charging.

0 Likes
B12UMMY
Voyager
Options
Same here.
0 Likes