Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S21 ultra slow charge can't get it to charge any quicker

(Topic created on: 15-06-2022 12:35 PM)
Ben12345
Student
Options
Any tips its the worse phone I've ever had thinking of just sodding off the contract 🙄  5 to 7 hours to charge 100 spent on chargers etc charger will only charge a certain way I thought usb c can go any way round how wring was I any tips b4 I smash this dam thing 
8 REPLIES 8
illEez
Voyager
Options
25W charger is recommended for the S21 Ultra, it's the fastest it'll charge at, and is pretty quick.

I've read online of others complaining of slow charge times using anything higher than a 25W charger on this phone.

I'm assuming you've checked that you have the Super Fast Charging option enabled in Settings?

Screenshot_20211125-135922_Device care_3651_1637848762.jpg
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @Ben12345  Have you being using compatible  25 watt Samsung  chargers  such as these from the Samsung store https://www.samsung.com/uk/mobile-accessories/wall-charger-for-super-fast-charging-25w-black-ep-ta80...  https://www.samsung.com/uk/mobile-accessories/wall-charger-super-fast-charging-25w-ep-ta800xbeggb/    You should have got USB-C cable with S21 Ultra though.  Do you have Fast charging and superfast charging turned on, see guide here https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-to-use-and-charge-galaxy-s21-series/ 

can you check if there is any debris in the charger in case that is the issue.  if still no resolution idea  to charge in safe Mode and/or  wipe the cache partition:   

Safe Mode:   

1. Turn OFF the device
  2. Now, turn it ON
  3. Press and hold the Volume down key when you see the branding logo of Samsung

Now, you should see Safe mode written at the bottom left corner of the screen. If you see your phone charging in safe mode, it means some third-party app was the trouble maker. If not, we recommend you move ahead with other methods.  

Note: To exit Safe mode, simply restart the device.

Wipe cache partition:

1. Turn off the device.
  2. Connect To Computer or plug in USB-C Headphones  , Press and hold the Volume Up key and then press and hold the Power key (plus Bixby Key if phone has one)
  3. When the Android logo displays, release all three keys.
  4. An 'Installing system update' message will show for 30 - 60 seconds before the Android system recovery menu options appear.
  5. Press the Volume down key several times to highlight wipe cache partition.
  6. Press Power key to select.
  7. Press the Volume down key to highlight yes, them and press the Power key to select.
  8. When the wipe cache partition is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted.

Press the Power key to restart the device

see some more information here https://www.techietech.tech/how-to-fix-galaxy-s21-series-not-charging-problems/ 

know of someone who had trouble  with charging whilst on the Beta and this solved the issue, not sure if you are on one Ui 4.0  Android 12  as stable version as rolled out on the S21 series.

However if no resolution would be best to contact your provider or contact Samsung support as in that case the device may well be faulty.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options
Hi there

Probably a silly question but have you got super fast charging turned on in settings?

Go to:
Settings
Battery & Device Care
Battery
More battery settings

Check that both fast charging and super fast charging are turned on (swipe to the right to turn blue)

Then make sure you're using the Samsung 25w charger. With this, takes just over an hour from flat to 100%.

Hope that helps.
0 Likes
Ben12345
Student
Options
Yes all on even tried my wife's charger s20 super fast still won't do it and all options are on
0 Likes
SonNazu
First Poster
Options

Got my S21 Ultra about 2 weeks ago and suddenly my phone won't charge when I plug it in to the super fast charger. So I plugged it into my old adaptive fast charger and it worked perfectly fine. Any thoughts on how to fix that. ?

0 Likes
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options

i have the same issues:

on wireless charging , it keeps disconnecting every 10-15 seconds 

on pc charging, it goes fast-med-low-disconnect repeat

on 6 different chargers with 9 different cables, it shows fast charging after 3 seconds i plug it in and then it moves back to very slow and even discharging values

i've tried clearing cache, turning setting on/off, safe mode.

me thinks this phones are built to last a year if that 

0 Likes
Jonochapman
First Poster
Options

Thanks James, the cache partition wipe fixed the issue for me!👍🏽

JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @Jonochapman  Glad the charging issue sorted out for you anyway :smiling-face:

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes