Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S21 Ultra Signal Issues

(Topic created on: 22-01-2022 07:35 PM)
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options
Those of you who frequent this site will know I've been harping on for months about the awful network signal on the S21 Ultra.

Today I finally bit the bullet and bought an upper midrange Motorola Edge 20 Pro 5g.

OMG what a difference. Across the entire village I live in, 4g+ just about everywhere and a small bit of 5g exactly as per the coverage checker for my network suggests.

The S21 Ultra? 
H+fl for the vast majority, a little bit of 4g, virtually no 4g+ and a tiny bit of 5g.

WHEN WILL SAMSUNG RECOGNISE THE PROBLEM????? It shows that the issue of the Exynos 2100 and Samsung Modem are simply not fit for purpose.

All I can say is "Hello Moto" and "Goodbye Samsung". I won't be buying Sammy again.
18 REPLIES 18
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options
I've been complaining for 7 months now but, as others have suggested, complaining to Samsung Shop really is like throwing yourself off a bridge.

It has been a very long haul
0 Likes
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options
What is the Channel Selector App? Cannot see this in the play store.

Totally agree about the strong signal and battery, another bone of contention sadly
0 Likes
VW3
Apprentice
Options

I also experiencing this issue in Singapore. The signal will drop when it changes between 5g and 4g. Is this a defect?

0 Likes
Members_9KXZdr8
First Poster
Options

My signal in the uk is terrible. My note 9 had no problems at all. And all my samsung galaxys before have never had this issue. Im so disappointed and there seems to be no fix fir the issue 

0 Likes
Antonis1
Student
Options

Same problem here

Screenshot_20220319-181329_Call.jpg

0 Likes
Antonis1
Student
Options

I have turned my network for 1 week on 3G only and the problem was fixed. So most probably me next phone will be Nokia 3310 😁

Andrijan
First Poster
Options

I think I have solved the problem. I have a German Galaxy S21 Ultra and I did the following:

1. Factory Reset, made sure all latest updates are installed 

2. I wiped the System Cache in the Android Recovery menu

3. Setup my phone as new, not from a backup or copying old data (not sure if this had any effect)

The phone is now super fast, no lags or stuttering and no mobile data connection problems. Try and let me know if it works for you. Best of luck!

Samsung S22+
0 Likes
Cat2k1
Pioneer
Options

What do you mean by ‘I have turned my network for 1 week on 3G only’?

0 Likes
Cat2k1
Pioneer
Options

Where is this ‘Android Recovery menu’? I have S21 ultra 5G and I’m in the UK.

0 Likes