Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S21 Ultra Signal Issues

(Topic created on: 31-07-2021 09:06 PM)
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options
Recently bought S21 Ultra direct from Samsung.

It's ability to pick up a mobile signal is shockingly bad. Areas I used to get 4g on Huawei P30 Pro, now I'm lucky to get a poor H+ if that.

I've changed no end of settings with Vodafone's help to no avail. 
I've wiped partition cache.
All updates downloaded.

Samsung Customer Service are about as useful as a chocolate tea cup, saying that I have to return the device for replacement but because it is a customised colour/memory, no device for up to 2 months. (not happening).

Any ideas lovely people?
46 REPLIES 46
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options
Hi @Raaj21

My device arrived early July and had several firmware updates as soon as I set it up.

So yes, I guess I would have to concur that the June / July update may have been an issue as I have no comparison on this device.

I won't be buying Samsung again though. Quality control at Samsung is now awful
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options

By way of an update - 2 hours on the phone to Samsung Complaints today, they now want to send an engineer to look at both S21 Ultra devices before deciding on next steps......

F**k my life, how much more time do I need to spend here?

Thinking I might take Vodafone up on their Black Friday offers, maybe a Pixel 6 Pro and write this whole experience off to "never again will I buy a Samsh**e" 👍

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options
@AndrewL

Why are the Samsung Moderators not commenting or providing any assistance on any thread regarding the poor cellular / mobile issues affecting hundreds of members?

This is a massive issue that has been widely reported here, widely reported on Facebook and Twitter and widely reported on the world's press.

So what are Samsung saying or doing about this? Sweet stuff all

Why?
0 Likes
Richard C2
Student
Options

I am also experiencing bad reception.  I have at&t prepaid. My S10 did not have issues in a nearby park. My new s21 ultra signal drops. I'll try some of these suggestions 

0 Likes
Members_wE3c1Wx
First Poster
Options

I am having major signal issues both myself and a friend are both on the three network me in Glasgow him in Aberdeen both of us have S32 ultra and serious signal issues. SAMSUNG!!! GET IT SORTED!!!! this is not a couple of isolated incidents 🤬🤬

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options
Samsung don't care.

Samsung are not listening.

Samsung don't give a 4x once they have your money.
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options
Finally bit the bullet today. Bought a Motorola Edge 20 Pro 5g and hell fire what a difference.

Using a SnapDragon 870 and SD XC55 modem, I can now get 4g across my entire village and even a little bit of 5g in exactly the places my network's coverage checker says I should.

The S21 Ultra?
H+ in most of the village with a little 4g, virtually no 4g+ and a tiny bit of 5g.

Hello Moto, Goodbye Samsung
It wasn't a blast and I'm glad to be rid of this awful journey. I won't be buying Samsung again