Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S21 Ultra Signal Issues

(Topic created on: 31-07-2021 09:06 PM)
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options
Recently bought S21 Ultra direct from Samsung.

It's ability to pick up a mobile signal is shockingly bad. Areas I used to get 4g on Huawei P30 Pro, now I'm lucky to get a poor H+ if that.

I've changed no end of settings with Vodafone's help to no avail. 
I've wiped partition cache.
All updates downloaded.

Samsung Customer Service are about as useful as a chocolate tea cup, saying that I have to return the device for replacement but because it is a customised colour/memory, no device for up to 2 months. (not happening).

Any ideas lovely people?
46 REPLIES 46
sufisticdesignz
Explorer
Options
Ah okay. Well, it seems like we'll have to request a deprovisioning and reprovisioning of the sim.

Samsung really has to look in to this issue.
0 Likes
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options
Thank you

Sadly Samsung Customer Service is nothing short of DREADFUL.

I'm talking to Vodafone at length. Have done a SIM card change recently (I e. had a new SIM card inserted).

In my local areas, according to VF Network Coverage Checker, I should be getting good indoor and outdoor on 2g, 3g and 4g across the board (no 5g here) yet it if wasn't for WiFi calling, I would be screwed.
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options
I also note NO COMMENTS at all from Samsung staff in here
sufisticdesignz
Explorer
Options
It's a shame really. Samsung really need to look in to this. I myself have relied on Wifi Calling too.
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options
Chargeback on the way through Visa.

Court Summons being issued next week.

Samsung need to up their game and support customers / provide better quality products
Ryannnn
Journeyman
Options

@Anonymous User, court summons? Are you taking legal measures in response to all this? 

0 Likes
Melissa76
Journeyman
Options

I agree. This is the worse phone ever! I have discouraged 11 people from buying anything samsung. I have never had such horrible signal on any other phone brand.  Not having any signal in an emergency situation gives me so much anger! I will never buy anything from samsuck again!

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options
UPDATE

On Friday Samsung pushed out a significant update which included a second update of August 2021 Security. Total size almost 1gb.

Outcome?

SIGNIFICANTLY IMPROVED SIGNAL 👍😀👍 almost everywhere I've been this weekend.
0 Likes
Hoog
Apprentice
Options
Hi Nic.
I have EXACTLY the same issues as you except I'm with Three network.

I had 2 trouble free years with a P20 Pro. Always great coverage.

I now have an S21 Ultra 5g and at best I get a H+ but even then its pretty useless.

Yes, Samsung service aren't much help and that I'd be without a phone for two weeks whilst they investigate the fault.
I am self employed and work outside!

Did you get anywhere in the end ?
Hoog
Apprentice
Options
Just seen your last post.
Sadly didn't work for me. This phone is useless unless using via WiFi.
Done all the tricks to no avail.
£76 a month now after 6 months half price. Absolute sickener...