Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S21 Ultra Signal Issues

(Topic created on: 31-07-2021 09:59 PM)
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options
Recently bought S21 Ultra direct from Samsung.

It's ability to pick up a mobile signal is shockingly bad. Areas I used to get 4g on Huawei P30 Pro, now I'm lucky to get a poor H+ if that.

I've changed no end of settings with Vodafone's help to no avail. 
I've wiped partition cache.
All updates downloaded.

Samsung Customer Service are about as useful as a chocolate tea cup, saying that I have to return the device for replacement but because it is a customised colour/memory, no device for up to 2 months. (not happening).

Any ideas lovely people?
46 REPLIES 46
Mitzzz999
Hotshot
Options
Have you tried inputting fresh new APN settings? I know for the past few weeks there's been issues with Samsung / Voda UK updates where the APN setup got messed up. Judging by other comments in the Samsung community, fresh APN settings did the trick, although, these people literally had no mobile data connection at all... so maybe new APN settings won't do anything for you... but it's worth a shot I guess...
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options
Hi Mitzzz999

Thank you for your reply. Really appreciated.

Vodafone did indeed give me new APN Settings for web instead of wap.

I've done another wipe partition cache as well and reset network settings.

There has been some improvement although I'm still getting h+ in places I usually get 4g and when I do get 4g the signal is weak and service slow.

Very interesting to know issues with Samsung/Voda. The device is network unlocked and SIM free (direct from Samsung) and Voda to date have been very helpful. Networks are looking into signal degradation locally at this time.
Mitzzz999
Hotshot
Options
Do you have any type of phone case on your phone?

It seems like you've tried a lot of things already... there are others in here that have more suggestions... like Pugs, Bandofbrothers and the Samsung team... they would have some good ideas.
0 Likes
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options
I do have a phone case, yes.

It is just a cheap black leather immigration type, couple of quid on eBay, have used them before on other devices with no issue. I have also tried the device away from the case, no difference seen.

Thank you for your tips so far, really helpful and I do appreciate them.

Hopefully between us on here, Samsung and Voda we can get to the bottom of it all.
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
I copied this from the Vodafone forums see if they could do it for you..

Although this was a solution for 5g issues.

please insist on a full SIM disconnection/reconnection (fancy name is de-provision/re-provision) 
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Also you could take the sim out, restart phone put sim card back again and see if it makes any difference.
0 Likes
Mitzzz999
Hotshot
Options
I'm really intrigued to see where this goes. I learn a lot from the community group... all I can possibly think of now is that a replacement sim might be worth trying... it would be free I'm sure.

When sims were standard sized they were more tough and reliable... the move to nano sim size has made them more fragile.

Even though your Voda sim may still work fine in the Huawei P30 Pro... I don't think there's any harm in doing a replacement sim... fresh sim... just make sure your contacts are safe and backed up... not sure how you store them.
G0UDG
Voyager
Options
Could also be related maybe to yer local phone masts there may be problems with them we're experiencing problems with signal from our local mast that is a five minute walk away
0 Likes
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options
Hi Mitzzz999

I had the SIM replaced a couple of weeks ago in a local Vodafone store.

I keep my contacts in Google, that way a broken SIM cannot........🤣.