Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

S21 Ultra Security Patch January 1 2022 bug

(Topic created on: 11-01-2022 10:29 AM)
DotOrg
Journeyman
Options

Today I received the latest update of the Security Patch on my S21 Ultra.

After the update, a black box appears on the top right of my screen, just turned on pixels covering my battery % information.
Whenever I screenshot, and check the shot on my gallery while sliding, the pixels underneath the box are fine and the % shows. 
Whenever I restart the phone, there's a point when the box is not there just to show after a split second.
The update is January/2022  Security Patch.

Thank you to anyone who might help me.

0 Likes
Go to solution
12 REPLIES 12
Solution
Rūmøur
Navigator
Options
Lol..go to settings-> developer options-> simulate display with cutout and select "default"

If you cant find developer options in your settings. Go to settings-> about phone-> software information and then keep tapping "build number" till it says developer options is now active. Now go back and follow the steps above.
DotOrg
Journeyman
Options

Okay, that was pretty slick.
It worked out, first it removed the Notch but the space remained and the information didn't move to the right. After restarting, they were moved to the right corner as they should.

Thanks for your help, much appreciated!!

Rūmøur
Navigator
Options
You're welcome 👍. Sometimes you just need to play around with your phone a bit just so you kinda have an idea about what everything does. We all learn something new everyday Have a good day 💯