Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S21 Ultra - Secure Folder Backup

(Topic created on: 03-02-2021 02:23 PM)
phil981
Pioneer
Options

Hi Everyone,

I'm logged into a Samsung account within Secure Folder but it now only gives me the option to restore from backup and not backup.

There's a prompt stating "Backup is no longer supported for Secure Folder, but you can still restore from previous backups."

Does anyone know why this is and why Samsung have removed this feature?

16 REPLIES 16
GalaxyAsh
Voyager
Options
im not completely sure, but it's likely something to do with Samsung Cloud backup ending shortly.
0 Likes
CharlieHowes
Pathfinder
Options
I had no issues swapping my secure folder & it's contents from my 20 ultra to my 21 ultra using smart switch. Only thing I had to do was put my password in.
I'm sure I had an issue doing it in the past though. I think I had to move content out & then back once I'd transferred it.
phil981
Pioneer
Options

I had no issues transferring my secure folder data from my S10 to S21 as well, the issue I have is that the backup function is no longer available on the S21

0 Likes
GalaxyAsh
Voyager
Options
I checked on my S20 Ultra and it is still available to back up on there, but if you sign into your Samsung account within Secure Folder and setup Samsung Pass it seems that is when it no longer allows you to backup Secure Folder.

20210203_125646_3327.jpg

0 Likes
phil981
Pioneer
Options
I don't use Samsung pass - this is what I see

Screenshot_20210201-225804_Secure Folder.jpg

0 Likes
phil981
Pioneer
Options

Can i just check that everyone else  with an S21 / S21+ / S21 Ultra is getting the same prompt within Secure Folder and that you can't backup anymore too? 

William_B_Thomson
First Poster
Options

I have the same thing.  I am somewhat ignorant on this as I have never used my phone as my primary computer device.  I have been somewhat casual with regard to the "inner" workings.  To make matters worse I have two feet into the Microsoft world, one foot in Android and one foot into Apple.  I stumble around except in Microsoft.  In any case, I want to backup an important document that I created and saved to the "secure folder."  Can't seem to do it.

0 Likes
MarcSant
First Poster
Options

I Can confirm this. In 21, no matter the version you have, you can't do any secure folder backup, just restore. 

Any document or app that you put there, will not backed up. 

If you want some sort of backup, you need to put these apps or files in the regular storage. There, the backup will be made using OneDrive, or any other backup solution that you choose.

0 Likes
Mmm666
First Poster
Options

I can confirm that I'm running into an error when trying to backup in secure folder from my s10.

0 Likes