Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S21 ultra screenburn??

(Topic created on: 30-12-2021 11:34 AM)
Allan1234
Apprentice
Options
Has anyone experienced screen burn on their s21 series. Mine happens to be s21 ultra

I'm unsure how it works, us this screen burn or does the s21 ultra have secondary display for s pen functionality that's bleeding through?

Is this covered under warranty. Samsung customer services were very hesitant to say yes or no 
0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
xSteveuk
Mastermind
Options
Hi
I found this page on warranty
That maybe helpful

https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/what-is-the-warranty-status-of-my-samsung-mobile-d...

Still worth giving them a call
0 Likes
Allan1234
Apprentice
Options
Thank you. I spoke with them but they refuse to tell me if screen burn is covered. To send my phone away and let an engineer look at it. Which I completely understand. But when I ask if the conclusion is screen burn is it covered under warranty all I'm getting is. We can't answer that untill an engineer looks at it. Very vague.
0 Likes
xSteveuk
Mastermind
Options
Yeah l guess they want to look at it to see if screen burn or another fault
0 Likes
Allan1234
Apprentice
Options
Yeah I'll send it away definitely but you'd think a simple if we discover it's screenburn yes it's covered under warranty or no it's not. Time will tell. Cheers for reply
antikythera
Black Belt 
Options
I believe the answer will be no because they use screen burn as a reason for charging customers extra for upgrades than expected. I don't know who inspects devices sent back but there are several complaints about Klarna and the upgrade program on this forum. OLED are very susceptible to screen burn unfortunately and Samsung seemingly don't leverage pixel shift during screen refreshing (not visible to the human eye) to combat it like LG.
0 Likes