Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S21 Ultra screen replacement

(Topic created on: 26-04-2021 05:56 PM)
Babishko
Hotshot
Options
Recently the screen on my 3 month old Exynos S21 Ultra died on me suddenly when charging from the mains. Well the screen and display were both replaced by EE at their repair centre and the phone was back in my hand some 9 days after it's screen death. The repair log made interesting reading in that they list my reading of the problem as incorrect settings?, which was a simple breakdown of communications I guess but they listed a faulty battery as being behind the issue and the main cause but in the list of work done they do not list replacing the battery. Never mind. I summarize then that they insinuate that the defective battery was behind the screen dying which is possible I guess in that the screen died when the battery was charging?. I have never heard of this happening to any other S21 Ultra but I doubt it will be an issue anyone else will face. Or rather I hope not.
 To any other owners out there I would not worry as I now realize my original screen may have had a quality control issue in that even from day one the display had a very faint grey bar about 0.5cm wide running vertically in landscape mode about 4cm in from the right hand side. I could only glimpse it when watching a video that was panning over a light background. Some people would not notice it but I have the eyes of a hawk and could detect it. I put it out of my mind though and forgot about it. I told myself it could not possibly be burn in after three months and may have been something to do with the phones video stabilization or something. Had it have got worse I would have got the screen replaced anyway.
 My new display has no such problem anyway. I noticed that during setup this time my phone was barely warm throughout the whole process whereas first time around it got a bit too hot for my liking. I assume this is down to better software this time around and not anything to do with an iffy battery last time?. I have added the repair log/report to see if any of you good knowledgeable people out there see anything that I missed or whatever. Thanks guys. 👍👍

10 REPLIES 10
Babishko
Hotshot
Options
My report..

PicsArt_04-23-10.32.09_670.jpg

lukejollands
Student
Options
My phone did die on me one morning put on charge and nothing happened sent it back to Samsung and it took them two weeks to fix it and returned it.
lukejollands
Student
Options
Never got a report back from them.
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
I can only think is a faulty screen or the charger not playing nice with the battery.
Babishko
Hotshot
Options
Clever report link there lukejollands.. 🤣🤣👍👍
0 Likes
smiley
Troubleshooter
Options

The hints and tips are comical ! 😂😂😂

"Never use a non-genuine or non-branded battery...if it doesnt bear the genuine logo..." 

For the average user then it the battery is not even replaceable in this phone 😂😂.  And it has just been off to the genuine Samsung repair centre in your case.  !

"If your device came with a charger...We would suggest only using that one ! " 

Are they rubbing salt in the wound 🤣🤣😂

Smiley 

- Smiley
------------------------------------------------------------------------
SAMSUNG S23 ULTRA 512GB SM-S918B/DS

Samsung Galaxy Watch 5 Pro SM-R920 in Grey Titanium
Samsung Galaxy Buds2 Pro SM-R510 in Graphite
Babishko
Hotshot
Options
I think they are just very kind people smiley who like to give us something to belly laugh at at times of stress!.. lol!.. 🤡 🤣 🤣 🤣.. 👍 👍
smiley
Troubleshooter
Options

Glad you have got it back so quickly... amazing turn around considering parts availability in the world and complaints about returns.   I guess EE warranty repairs are a bit better than those direct from samsung.  🙈

I actually paid for Samsung Care+ for 2 years with my purchase...there was no way I was going to spend £1329 on a phone and not have some insurance cover.  This policy also covers the accidental damage / screen breakages etc. 

During pre-order purchase it was reduced to £127... this seemed a good price to me for 2 years of cover.    Hopefully I never need to use it, but it gives some peace of mind. 

Hope that is the end of the issues for you Babishko ! 

Smiley

- Smiley
------------------------------------------------------------------------
SAMSUNG S23 ULTRA 512GB SM-S918B/DS

Samsung Galaxy Watch 5 Pro SM-R920 in Grey Titanium
Samsung Galaxy Buds2 Pro SM-R510 in Graphite
Babishko
Hotshot
Options
I am sure it is the last issue I will have with the phone smiley.Touch wood. Thanks for your kind words and for relating your experience to me and everyone on the forum. This experience has just made me appreciate my S21 Ultra all the more. I really missed that brilliant camera and screen and all day battery life. It is the best phone ever made in my eyes. 👍👍