Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S21 Ultra Screen lag since one ui4

(Topic created on: 14-02-2022 10:59 AM)
djd711
Journeyman
Options
When I receive a notification, the animations cause the screen to lag and reduce in framerate until the notification has gone away. This is mostly noticeable when using the phone and a notification pops up and you are scrolling the UI. Also temporary lag when unlocking the phone. 
0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7
TessM
Mastermind
Options

Hey @djd711 ,

how odd! Does the same thing happen if you run the phone in Safe Mode?  Safe Mode wouldn't remove anything from your phone; it allowed us to know if a third-party app is causing the issue. You can find all the steps to run the phone in Safe Mode HERE.

If so, I would recommend sending our engineers an Error Report so they can investigate this to find what is causing the issue and provide you with the next steps or fix this in a new update if necessary. 

You will need to reproduce the issue and send the report within 15 minutes from the Samsung Members app> Get help> Error Report. Remember to add a brief explanation of the issue and screenshots or a video of what is happening. 

0 Likes
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Definitely try a

Wipe Cache

Repair apps in same menu

Download Good guardians and so app optimisation.

Of not Hard reset and start from scratch manually installing apps.
Emigris
First Poster
Options

Hello, i ve a s21 plus samsung and have the same problem. When i m using my phone and enter a notification, the phone run slow until the notofication end. This Was after one UI 4 instalation. Any solution? Thanks 

0 Likes
djd711
Journeyman
Options
I was messaged by Samsung they said they where fixing it in the next update, there's been 2 updates since then but its still not fixed so I've given up.
0 Likes
Emigris
First Poster
Options

Ok, thanks. Where can i write? To samsung

0 Likes
ItsMike
Journeyman
Options
I'm getting the same issue at the moment. I see this was months ago, are you still facing this issue too?
thigarcia
First Poster
Options

Same here. S21 ultra 512gb, Adaptive screen, but looks like 30hz out of the blue. It's fine for some time, then it happens, multiple times per day. I fix it by toggling refresh rate to 60hz then back to 120hz. Pretty annoying.