Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S21 Ultra screen death mid fix

(Topic created on: 22-04-2021 04:28 PM)
Babishko
Hotshot
Options
I recently posted on here with regards to my Exynos S21 Ultra developing a terminal screen issue and becoming inaccessible and being collected by EE for repair less than 24 hours after me contacting them with my problem. That was on Saturday and it is now Wednesday. EE have a very efficient track your repair website which I first accessed after they confirmed they had received my phone at their repair centre in a text and invited me to follow my repair status on the relevant web page which I have.
 Since Monday I have received information via the repair tracking website that my repair is delayed awaiting parts (screenshot below). This represents good service in my eyes and I cannot fault EE in any way for their handling of this matter so far. I am itching to know what has failed on my phone I really am as there was no hint of any problems before the sudden apparent screen failure. I have heard of some screen flicker and greeny yellow tint issues on some units and when my screen died both the flicker and yellow green tint were there to excess all of a sudden before the screen died. 
 I don't know how long I will have to wait for the completion of my repair but I stand by my promise to inform everyone out there exactly what happened to my phone so you can have some direction should you be unlucky enough to have the same problem as I have. Samsung screens are by and large brilliant performing things and I truly feel this will just be an isolated incident. I certainly hope so. Enjoy your phones out there guys as I will once again with mine when I get it back fixed and ready to go. 👍 👍

5 REPLIES 5
tinglish
Hotshot
Options
Thanks for the update, really curious to know what caused it 🤔
0 Likes
smiley
Troubleshooter
Options

Good update @Babishko ... i just hope the wait for your part is not one that is affected by the global shortages around the world at the moment, affecting silicon integrated chips, and other key components. 

Of course so many electronics in PCs, graphics cards, gaming consoles, and phones have similar global issues right now.   This includes the space industry that I work in, for the sourcing of electronic components such as oscillators and silicon parts. 

Hopefully if it is a full display replacement, and Samsung manufacture these in-house at the Samsung factory, then it shouldn't be too long to wait. 🤞🤞🤞   

Smiley.

- Smiley
------------------------------------------------------------------------
SAMSUNG S23 ULTRA 512GB SM-S918B/DS

Samsung Galaxy Watch 5 Pro SM-R920 in Grey Titanium
Samsung Galaxy Buds2 Pro SM-R510 in Graphite
0 Likes
Babishko
Hotshot
Options
Only 30 minutes ago smiley I was informed via the tracking app that an engineer is working on the phone again so hopefully sourcing the defective part or parts was no problem and the phone will soon be fixed. It all points to a display replacement as you suggest. Thanks for your words of wisdom and encouragement mate. I can't lie. As sad as this sounds I am really missing the phone!.. 🤣 🤣.. 👍 👍
froto
First Poster
Options

My S21 stopped reading my Sim card on the 16th. I sent it to the repair center and got the same email. When I called to ask about it someone said I just have to wait as long as it takes. I spoke with a different department because you just have to wait rubbed my rhubarb the wrong way after spending so much on the phone. I was then told that it can't not be fixed and they issued my a new ticket number. I received an email telling me that my phone can not be repaired and they are sending me back my broken phone. I then received an additional email telling me that I would have to send in my broken phone and it has to be evaluated to see if I qualify for a replacement. I was fit to be tied and called back asking why are you sending me back a broken phone taking 7 to 14 days, only to send it back, another 7 to 14 days so you can send me a replacement, 7 to 14 days. I was disconnected twice, hung up on once, couldn't understand the person on another. All this since last Friday and two weeks since I sent it in. My point is, yes it is their fault. I will most likely be without my phone for almost two months when all is said and done. I love my phone but Samsung's Customer Service makes me want to buy an Apple phone, which I hate, but I would at least have a phone much quicker.

0 Likes
Babishko
Hotshot
Options
That is one horrible experience for you froto. You feel understandably frustrated and angry as going so long without your phone is not acceptable and I really feel for you. I hope you end up with a phone that you can enjoy and learn to trust again after this whole miserable debacle.. 👍👍
0 Likes