Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

s21 ultra scratches caused by samung clear view case

(Topic created on: 17-02-2021 04:48 PM)
mancuk29
Pathfinder
Options
I have been so careful with my s21 ultra and use either the clear view case or rhe samaing case with s pen (want the clear view spen one but they are on long delays ) 

Have been out today and noticed I have a scratch on my clear view case which has also scratches my s21 ultra luckily I have rhe screen protector on but there is defo a scratch caused by the case 

I never have anything in my pocket to cause rhe items to scratch so has to be the case 

Has anyone else had this?? 
63 REPLIES 63
mancuk29
Pathfinder
Options
your welcome I've raised it with samsung uk on twitter.. they had this issue previously with a older model so they obviously have cocked up again
0 Likes
GraemeD
Navigator
Options

Interested to hear what Samsung says. Like you I have been excessively careful with my phone over the last 3 weeks and have no idea where and how I scratched it.

0 Likes
JSobell
Apprentice
Options

Samsung have agreed to refund me for the cover, and I've requested a replacement screen-protector but haven't heard back yet.

When I took my phone to the local Samsung Store I was told "Scratches on the screen protector are normal. It's plastic, so you can expect it to get scratched. That's what it's intended to do".

Obviously this is complete rubbish. The screen protector is to protect the glass from accidental scratches, not to be the sacrificial layer when a Samsung 'protective' case abrades against your screen!

I'll see if they are prepared to provide a screen protector to replace the one their cover damaged. I'm not overly hopeful, but I'm extremely unhappy because I like the factory provided protector. It fits the annoyingly curved screen perfectly, and on every other phone I've owned has lasted for as long as I've owned the phone. I don't see why I should be expected to fork out $30 for a Samsung screen protector to replace the one their product damaged.

0 Likes
mancuk29
Pathfinder
Options
samsungs reply - go back to amazon no you miss the point .. your official case is scratching your expensive devices!!!! so I've now told them exactly what they need to do absolute *****s 🤬

Screenshot_20210223-120110_Twitter.jpg

0 Likes
GraemeD
Navigator
Options

Typical buck passing reply! I would return it to Amazon for a refund and purchase direct from Samsung, then at least if it happens again there's a direct route back.

0 Likes
mancuk29
Pathfinder
Options
exactly what I've done
0 Likes
GraemeD
Navigator
Options

You can always just return the handset, get a full refund and buy another?

0 Likes
dljitx
Apprentice
Options

Hi, Did you follow this up with Samsung as I have the same issue where the Clearview case has scratched my screen, and I am so carful with my phone.  Be interesting to hear what Samsung have said if you did follow up with them?

0 Likes
Poot1873
First Poster
Options

I sent the cover back, all they did was refund it and give me a £20 voucher, which I used to buy the clear cover with stand.  They weren't interested that it marked the screen and ignored my complaints about it. 

0 Likes
dljitx
Apprentice
Options

Jesus, not good, I will be ringing them tomorrow to lodge my complaint, so will see how I get on, and will update you here on their answer.

0 Likes