Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

s21 ultra scratches caused by samung clear view case

(Topic created on: 23-04-2021 05:47 PM)
mancuk29
Pathfinder
Options
I have been so careful with my s21 ultra and use either the clear view case or rhe samaing case with s pen (want the clear view spen one but they are on long delays ) 

Have been out today and noticed I have a scratch on my clear view case which has also scratches my s21 ultra luckily I have rhe screen protector on but there is defo a scratch caused by the case 

I never have anything in my pocket to cause rhe items to scratch so has to be the case 

Has anyone else had this?? 
63 REPLIES 63
shrifeazmy
Student
Options

i have bigger problem that the plastic part of the clearview case did scratch my "screen" itself .. i don't know how, it should be scientifically impossible because plastic should not scratch glass, but this is what happened. 

0 Likes
Members_7HPn6wZ
First Poster
Options

I had the S20 with Clear View cover which worked fine, no scratches. Had the S21 Ultra 5G from new with Clear View cover with S Pen and the screen protector is getting scratched through the screen on the right hand side of the screen. The clear view pane in the cover is also scratched on the inside, from where it meets the screen on closing. Considering I paid for the unit outright with Samsung UK directly, it's very poor, considering the phone has never been dropped or damaged in any way.

0 Likes
Members_7HPn6wZ
First Poster
Options

I have exactly the same problem with my S21 Ultra with the same cover, never had an issue with the S20 clear view cover, but that didn't have the S pen with it. How did you go on with replacing it?

0 Likes
grilo67
Navigator
Options

Hi all,

Don't know if this has been mentioned here before as I didn't go through all the posts, but this S21 Ultra attracts dust on the screen like nothing else. Seems to suffer from static and this might be why the clearview case is scratching the screen protector.

0 Likes
Members_UT8mES0
First Poster
Options

Same problem here im very furious! I have been buying Samsung products since 2013, never again will I buy a single product from them. 1,000 Euro Phone scratched by samsung's own clear view Cover. Didn't happen with my S20 plus before. Never again Samsung!!

20210429_215326.jpg

0 Likes
WelshPaul
Troubleshooter
Options

@Members_UT8mES0 wrote:

never again will I buy a single product from them. 

Yes you will. 😂

Just remove the screen protector and fit a better one. problem solved!

My advice comes from being a UK Samsung iPhone user.

Current Devices:
  • iPhone 14 Pro 256GB Deep Purple
  • Samsung Galaxy Buds+ > Model: SM-R175.
0 Likes
gothicats
First Poster
Options
Yes my screen on my s21 is also scratched and scuffed all the way down the right side from the clearview case!! I couldn't understand why it was happening as I look after my phone but now I've read this thread I know its the case as other people are having the same problem. Its disgusting you pay a fortune for a nice phone and buy an expensive case to protect it as you want to keep it nice and this happens. I brought mine direct off Samsung with my phone but I wish I had brought a cheap case off amazon now as it would've been much better. 😕
0 Likes
Fabian1985
Apprentice
Options

Kinda relate to this. Had a clear view with my s6 edge, same problem. Samsung did not learn from previous mistakes.  With the S8 Iwent for the flip cover (non plastic) and it's still scratch free. S10 I went for the same. For the S21 I will go again for that cover.

I would like to see the S pen implemented in that case instead of the crappy scratchy case.

0 Likes
Crysis1
Explorer
Options

I really don't understand how a plastic cover can scratch glass.

But some people insist that it scratched the screen and not the default screen protector (long removed from my device)

So what to do, should I buy this cover that I like or should I find another flip cover instead?

0 Likes
Antrobus
First Poster
Options
Lies, I can show evidence that the case has caused massive damage to my screen after 6 months without a screen protector, my previous phone the s9+ is still immaculate without a scratch and also used the official case, debris gets stuck under the clear view and rubs against the screen and the friction causes damage.
0 Likes