Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

s21 ultra scratches caused by samung clear view case

(Topic created on: 17-02-2021 04:48 PM)
mancuk29
Pathfinder
Options
I have been so careful with my s21 ultra and use either the clear view case or rhe samaing case with s pen (want the clear view spen one but they are on long delays ) 

Have been out today and noticed I have a scratch on my clear view case which has also scratches my s21 ultra luckily I have rhe screen protector on but there is defo a scratch caused by the case 

I never have anything in my pocket to cause rhe items to scratch so has to be the case 

Has anyone else had this?? 
63 REPLIES 63
_Jonno
Voyager
Options
getting a scratch on the screen protector which is plastic is way different to getting scratches on the actual glass that scratch probably wouldn't have scratched your phone screen if it didn't have a protector on it
0 Likes
Itsme2
Explorer
Options
unfortunately I've had just the same problem with the clear part of the cover rubing on the screen and scratching both. I've returned the cover which is a shame as I liked the concept of the clear window.
Itsme2
Explorer
Options
when you buy the cover nowhere does it say remove any screen protector.
_Jonno
Voyager
Options
yeah but if you're going to cover plastic ontop of plastic it will literally scratch you can't expect plastic to not scratch
Itsme2
Explorer
Options
that's obviously correct. but when you realise the damage is done.
0 Likes
smiley
Troubleshooter
Options
I have the clear view cover / s-pen combo case. I really like it and it looks premium... compliments the phone really well.

During a few weeks of usage I have one or two small marks on the screen protector... possibly from the case.

it doesn't bother me... after all it is doing exactly what it should... protecting my screen.

if the thin plastic screen protector gets scratched more so it looks too worn, then I will remove and replace with a better screen protector... perhaps Dome glass which is a good replacement option. That one will not mark with a plastic case.

lots of people prefer the feel of the actual screen glass and don't use protectors.

The plastic clearview cover would certainly not damage the actual gorilla glass victus screen which is good to 7H hardness for scratches.
- Smiley
------------------------------------------------------------------------
SAMSUNG S23 ULTRA 512GB SM-S918B/DS

Samsung Galaxy Watch 5 Pro SM-R920 in Grey Titanium
Samsung Galaxy Buds2 Pro SM-R510 in Graphite
SmallFish
Helping Hand
Options

Hate to say this but it's a problem with folding cover cases. I remember having a Sony phone with this type of case and within 12 months it had friction rubbed the actual corners of the screen so it looked quite worn...

0 Likes
Gavlee2010
Voyager
Options
the standard screen protector that comes on the s21 ultra is there just to protect it till you get a decent protector. I wouldn't even call it a screen protector really it's absolutely terrible and scratches from absolutely nothing.
first thing I do is order a proper screen protector like the dome one or other brands that are good.
the standard one is plastic that's why it's scratches from the dust in you're pockets.
0 Likes
gray1959
First Poster
Options
yes the case has scratched my phone and the clear view window is also scratched poor design does anybody know if samsung will help?