Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S21 Ultra restarting / freezing

(Topic created on: 21-04-2021 05:42 PM)
Vinnieac
Apprentice
Options
Another case of the S21 ultra restarting on its own. This has happened regularly during the day with no obvious reason. It has occurred whilst being used and even when in sleep mode. The stock apps have crashed. I could not open the gallery app without it shutting down straight away. Then followed the phone call app which would not open so I was unable to ring anyone. A soft reset did not rectify this and all apps, firmware were up to date. I could only get the gallery and call app to open by doing a full factory reset. This did not rectify the phone restarting on its own. I have sent this back to Samsung and suprise suprise they are returning it having found no fault.  
0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Just a theory.

Curious what charger you are using?
As the S21s normally charge on the normal slower chargers.
Incase you have a faster charger maybe try changing to a normal one.

Hopefully samsung have updated your phone to the latest software as it's a.lot more stable and you may not have any issue.

Hoping you can enjoy your phone when it's back.
0 Likes
Vinnieac
Apprentice
Options
Thanks for your reply. I'm using an official charger I had with the S10 plus. The update I had from Samsung was they haven't done anything as there isn't a fault. All the latest software was already on. I have just spoken to Samsung, I am just within the 28 day return policy, so it's going back for a refund. I'll stick with the S10 as I don't trust the s21.
0 Likes
Ghummy
Pioneer
Options
Please see my thread, we had a month long nightmare with the same issue. Sent back, returned with problem worse. Second repair, guy changed the motherboard, all problems sorted
0 Likes