Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

s21 ultra randomly restarting

(Topic created on: 02-02-2021 06:02 PM)
Caroline1991
Apprentice
Options
Hi everyone,

Is anyone with the s21 ultra experiencing the phone randomly restarting?

Mine keeps doing it throughout the day and I'm not too sure what it causing the issue. The phone does get a little warm and my battery seems to drain really quickly despite minimal use i. e. Browsing ect, no camera use or anything like that.

Thanks in advance.
127 REPLIES 127
headers1983
Explorer
Options
I have a new device swap arriving tomorrow. Will update once setup. I don't believe this is a hardware fault but can rule it out
Caroline1991
Apprentice
Options
Sorry should have updated this thread ages ago! The automatic restart was not turned on it just seemed to restart once or twice a day. For now though it seems to have fixed itself after going into safe mode then back out of it.

Hope everyone else who is having an issue gets sorted soon!
WayneRW
Apprentice
Options
I'm having the same issue too. I used Smart Switch initially but that was last May, the problem only started recently though. A few days ago it froze completely and I had to do a factory reset, without Smart Switch, which I had hoped would have fixed the issue but still happening. Auto restart option is definitely turned off. Have no idea what to do now so I hope Samsung come up with answers very soon.
0 Likes
headers1983
Explorer
Options
phone replaced and touch wood no restarts yet.... only 18 hours in though
0 Likes
WayneRW
Apprentice
Options
*UPDATE* I forgot to mention that my restarts have always been in the early hours so I am left with a locked phone that requires pin to continue in the morning. As mentioned, following the factory reset I still had the issue for 2 nights running and auto restart was still definitely turned off. Yesterday I had a random idea that if it was happening while restart was off, then what if I turn it on which I did for a time and day of my choosing and last night the auto restart did not happen. Now I'm not claiming this as an unlikely fix yet but it's a mighty big coincidence don't you think. I shall obviously leave it like that for now and see what happens and report back with any further info.
0 Likes
WayneRW
Apprentice
Options
*2ND UPDATE* Yes, it was too good to be true. After 1 restart free night my S20 Ultra 5g randomly auto restarted again last night. The more I look into the many, many comments on this issue I have found they go back to the launch last year. This is clearly a hardware issue that Samsung have been aware of all along, yet they still persist in selling sub standard equipment and completely ignore, and refuse to acknowledge, the issue. Not at all the kind of thing you would expect from a 'market leader'. Perhaps getting the BBC One show and Watchdog team on the case may be more successful in providing a solution when it is highlighted on a mainstream National and Global TV company.
headers1983
Explorer
Options
my phones been replaced by 02 no issues since. looks like a hardware issue so get your phone swapped if you have the issue.
0 Likes
Caroline1991
Apprentice
Options
I'm still having the same issue after a few days of it behaving. I'm also through o2, how do I get my phone swapped through them?
headers1983
Explorer
Options
I did it on live chat after I spoke to Samsung on their chat system first.
GMuhiudin
Apprentice
Options

Yes me too having same issue tried every thing found here but still same issue

0 Likes