Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

s21 ultra randomly restarting

(Topic created on: 02-02-2021 06:02 PM)
Caroline1991
Apprentice
Options
Hi everyone,

Is anyone with the s21 ultra experiencing the phone randomly restarting?

Mine keeps doing it throughout the day and I'm not too sure what it causing the issue. The phone does get a little warm and my battery seems to drain really quickly despite minimal use i. e. Browsing ect, no camera use or anything like that.

Thanks in advance.
127 REPLIES 127
headers1983
Explorer
Options

Same issue

Thought it was smart switch but it's not

Sort it out Samsung!

JT_
Journeyman
Options

+1 here.  Randomly rebooting.  Factory reset and manually reinstalled everything without smart switch and everything is running fine now.  No crashes with heavy usage for several hours.  Would have reboot 3-4 times by now.

0 Likes
headers1983
Explorer
Options
mine worked for 18 hours then rebooted this morning.
so the issue persists my end despite not using smart switch
JT_
Journeyman
Options

Same - Was fine for a day now back to rebooting.  I can supply logcat logs and bug reports if needed.

0 Likes
headers1983
Explorer
Options

All

this is a problem for me too, i have over 35 apps installed so sequentially uninstalling them is not an issue and i shouldnt need to they are all from the store

i have tried 2 scenarios

using smart switch - device restarts at 7 or 8am every day

without smart switch - device restarts at 7 or 8am every day

clearly this is an issue and needs resolving, an unreliable phone is not needed especially when the s10 sat next to me works with exactly the same apps!

JT_
Journeyman
Options

Yup, I came from a Pixel 4 with the same apps installed.  Worked flawlessly without reboots for months at a time.

headers1983
Explorer
Options
I'm speaking to support shortly I'll feedback any info
headers1983
Explorer
Options
Samsung are advising to return the phone and have it replaced.
seems mad to me
JT_
Journeyman
Options

Might have to follow suit.  Currently any attempt to use the phone for any task longer than 5 minutes causes a reboot.

Phil A
Pioneer
Options

is the auto restart at set times turned off in your device care? cause if it's happening at the same time frame everyday, that might be why

0 Likes