Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

s21 ultra randomly restarting

(Topic created on: 02-02-2021 06:30 PM)
Caroline1991
Apprentice
Options
Hi everyone,

Is anyone with the s21 ultra experiencing the phone randomly restarting?

Mine keeps doing it throughout the day and I'm not too sure what it causing the issue. The phone does get a little warm and my battery seems to drain really quickly despite minimal use i. e. Browsing ect, no camera use or anything like that.

Thanks in advance.
127 REPLIES 127
Bt32
Voyager
Options
No,never.
0 Likes
pickmybrain
Pathfinder
Options
Hi Caroline what you can try is safe mode as this will help you work out if a third party app is causing your phone to randomly restart.

Press and hold the power button
When you see the power off and restart option press and hold power off
It will change to safe mode
Tap safe mode and the device will restart. now test your device out further.
Caroline1991
Apprentice
Options
Thank you! I shall give this a try.
0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@Caroline1991: If you notice an improvement while you're in Safe Mode, and the phone no longer restarts randomly, then please restart the S21 Ultra as you would normally and uninstall any third party apps, as the issue is likely to be stemming from an external source. 

Phil A
Pioneer
Options

Hi Caroline,

There's also an option in the automation part of device care that has auto restart . That could be the reason it's doing it as well

Screenshot_20210203-074412_Device care.jpg

SweUltra
Journeyman
Options

I have the same issue crashes/reboots/freezes several times a day.

My post on the topic:

S21 Ultra Issue crashes/reboots/freezes several times a day. - Samsung Community

Green_Apple
First Poster
Options

I'm experiencing the same issue.  My phone usually restarts in the morning, but I've also noticed it happen randomly at other times in the day.  This never happened with my previous s7 with the same apps installed.  The auto restart setting is turned off on my phone.  Please let us know if you figure out what is causing this.  I have lots of apps I use on a regular basis and reinstalling each of them sequentially to try to figure out which one may be causing the problem is not really feasible.  I would be working on this for many days if not weeks.

Andrew87890
Apprentice
Options

Mine starting doing the same thing. Random restarts one after another.

headers1983
Explorer
Options

Might help you all but I found the issue appears to be when you use smart switch

I reset mine again yesterday.  Didn't use smart switch and its not restarted since 

Appears some setting you transfer causes issues or did for me

Probably jinx myself now but I'll update again in 24 hours

0 Likes