Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S21 ultra problems after android 12 update

(Topic created on: 30-11-2021 07:19 PM)
AJacob
Journeyman
Options
Anybody knows when samsung and Google is going to fix the issues with their latest update? I am regretting for the update i have done and the decision to buy high end phone from Samsung. It's  so annoying, I am ashamed to say that i am using a 1200£ Phone, where a 100£ Phone can easily manage Outlook, Facebook, Youtube, and other Apps far better than ny S21 ultra. Its better to say nothing about Camera and battery perfomance after the update.. a green line  in the video which I shooted with my phone when sharing in whatsapp. But when that same video opens from the gallery  there is no issue.. like that so many problems are there other than these ..  auto focusing, Hanging in between, crashing apps, links are not opening etc..........

48 REPLIES 48
Mella1
Explorer
Options

So I did a "clear cache partition" as well as "repair apps" on the boot menu. This didn't have any effect. I subsequently did a hard reboot (make sure your phone is fully backed up, a hard reboot obviously wipes the phone completely; I used my Google account as well as the app "Smart Switch" and backed up and restored with my laptop). This seems to help that some videos sent via Whatsapp aren't corrupted, distorted, missing sound or green-purple lines etc when sending via Whatsapp. Note - this is only with some videos; unfortunately for some videos it's still an issue

Unfortunately the full-zoom lens video quality is still wobbly and often fuzzy / unfocused. 
I'm yet to discover whether all other issues caused by the disasterous update (and there are MANY) will have improved.

Meanwhile the lack of communication by SAMSUNG about ruining an expensive high-end phone and complete lack of accountability will most certainly lead me to not buy SAMSUNG again. Shocking customer service!

Members_gHVdVMk
Student
Options

How do I roll back from 12? Since updating my 21 ultra nothing really works properly. I uninstalled and reinstalled apps and still nothing... was fine before 12 

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options
You need to have access to a PC first. Then install Samsung switch on the PC. Once you have done that, you plug your phone into your computer with the charging cable while samsung switch is open on the computer. You will need yo follow the prompts to use the rollback software which will remove all of the beta software from your phone. Any problems just message me 👍
0 Likes
Mella1
Explorer
Options

As per comments on the SAMSUNG online community and what our South African service providers and SAMSUNG SA say, it's not possible to roll back from the update to Android 12 (the Beta version could be rolled back only)

Now you know - start getting used to being disappointed with your expensive SAMSUNG phone...

0 Likes
Mella1
Explorer
Options

This only applies to the Hard Reset (it's not possible to roll back from the Android 12 update - only for the Beta version a rollback was possible)

0 Likes
GalingasLT
First Poster
Options

Numerous problems after S21 Ultra update to Android 12 confirmed here as well. Viber and other apps constantly crashing. Links in Facebook won't open in any way. Bluetooth connectivity has been affected negatively. Worse battery life as well, which might be due to crashing apps, in my opinion.

Sad to admit you are trapped in this "experience" with a 1200+ EUR phone...

DNeuwir
Journeyman
Options

Nothing but problems after upgrading my S21 Ultra to Android 12.  Bluetooth is of particular concern.  What was a perfectly-working phone now will almost never properly connect to ANY Bluetooth device (external speaker, Galaxy Buds +, my car stereo.  In almost every case, with every device, I have to connect, then I have to turn off Bluetooth, then turn it back on, and the device will connect normally.

When I open and insert my buds, the phone goes in to "on a call" mode EVERY TIME, even though I'm not actually on a call.  As a result, ambient sound is disabled, volume control is disabled, basically the bluetooth device doesn't "work" at all.  Turn off and on Bluetooth in the S21 and the device connects right up normally.

Android 12 has been a TERRIBLE update and I'm SO SO SORRY I ran it.  I normally push off updates as long as possible because in almost all cases they break something and sure enough Samsung totally blew it with Android 12 on their flagship line.  For the first time in 10 years, I've thought about moving back to an iPhone.

hasham11
Explorer
Options

I am having the same issue where the network goes away every now and then and every time the network goes, the flight mode icon greys out, as if someone had just switched flight mode on and off. This is definitely a software glitch and Samsung needs to fix this ASAP! 

ArcSTEM
First Poster
Options

I just got my phone hard reset by Samsung, per their data analysis the phone was good to go. I still have the same issues, and it feels like I went back a decade in time. Surprisingly this issue is only with S21 Ultra

0 Likes
Marcofonsecaa
Apprentice
Options

I absolutely agree with you in the lack of.communication and accountability from Samsung is really disappointing  not having any answer and possible fixes schedule.

0 Likes