Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S21 ultra problems after android 12 update

(Topic created on: 03-12-2021 04:27 AM)
AJacob
Journeyman
Options
Anybody knows when samsung and Google is going to fix the issues with their latest update? I am regretting for the update i have done and the decision to buy high end phone from Samsung. It's  so annoying, I am ashamed to say that i am using a 1200£ Phone, where a 100£ Phone can easily manage Outlook, Facebook, Youtube, and other Apps far better than ny S21 ultra. Its better to say nothing about Camera and battery perfomance after the update.. a green line  in the video which I shooted with my phone when sharing in whatsapp. But when that same video opens from the gallery  there is no issue.. like that so many problems are there other than these ..  auto focusing, Hanging in between, crashing apps, links are not opening etc..........

48 REPLIES 48
Libs
Journeyman
Options

Hi, thanks for the suggestion. Unfortunately, it's already switched off for me. I'll have a play around with the other settings and see if i can make a difference to the whatsapp videos

0 Likes
Libs
Journeyman
Options

Turned on HDR+ just as a test, and my whatsapp video went from a green bar across the bottom to an unviewable mass of green and purple blobs 😀

0 Likes
Mella1
Explorer
Options

Yeah, same here. Did the software update (Android version 12; One UI  version 4.0) on my new SAMSUNG Galaxy S21 Ultra. Major regret!!! Camera app definitely effected, especially when it comes to stabilization and colour when using full zoom lens. Also have the same issue with videos sent in Whatsapp (totally scrambled with green lines); The battery life is definitely also negatively affected and the handset gets very hot quite quickly when in video mode...
Huge disappointment (especially at that price-tag). Should have opted for that iPhone after all...
😞

Libs
Journeyman
Options

Just to let you all know, got the new update today, build number G998BXXU3BUKG ive JUST installed so haven't had time to test everything, but the whatsapp video issue is solved

0 Likes
AJacob
Journeyman
Options
Some issues are solved but still facebook links are not opening and facebook app crashes. Outlook, camera and battery problems seems cleared..
0 Likes
pituskosk
First Poster
Options

I have numerous issues after last update. First , major, sometimes cant see call in progress, trying to hang up and there is no option. Some of contacts on message mode can't be call, no symbol with phone.  Changed colors on my calendar. Bank of america app have problem deposit check, after switched to camera mode, going back to main page,  repeating words in text message, even I turn of wi-fi, going back to wi-fi.  Any many more..

0 Likes
Mella1
Explorer
Options

It gets better... SAMSUNG South Africa have no idea what's going on (seems they didn't even know the Update was buggy and say it's the mobile service provider that holds responsibility🙈)
Camera issue goes as far as corrupting video files so these cannot be viewed (Microsoft needs HEVC extension - at costs, and Adobe cannot identify files as video, so no editing possible). After "reset" of camera settings, the files can be viewed, but not moved from device onto laptop by cable. (Fix: Backing up footage into cloud, then downloading again onto other device to be able to edit)

0 Likes
Mella1
Explorer
Options

Have same issues! Also can't see call in progress, and trying to hang up impossible. Fix: Wear bluetooth headphones that have a switch😒

0 Likes
Mella1
Explorer
Options

Unfortunately SAMSUNG South Africa don't seem to have a fix release as a priority. So no new update for us.🙄
Also unfortunately, SAMSUNG does not want to effect my warranty (the phone as it is is un-usable for me; I purchased the high-end SAMSUNG Galaxy S21 Ultra 5G for video & media purposes, and am now stuck with an expensive very low-end performing handset (and SAMSUNG literally - in-store, at customer service - saying they don't care it's not their problem)

0 Likes
djutzaa
Student
Options

I was thinking that something is wrong only with my phone. I have numerous issues: screen won't unlock after finger is moved, I have to move finger almost across whole screen to unlock my phone. Viber doesn't work at all, dual messenger cannot work of course. Facebook crashes on external links, camera is unresponsive and really slow. Apps are opening with big delay. Flagship phone should work without any issues. My old S9 was a rocket for this S21 5G. 

0 Likes