Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S21 Ultra Poor Battery

(Topic created on: 03-10-2021 05:08 PM)
andrei_nn
Journeyman
Options

Hello everyone, Samsung

I've had the S21 Ultra 256 Exynos version for a couple of months now and I have to say that the battery life is really bad.

I do think that the bug with camera consuming the battery when in move is the reason why ...

Morning, unplugged my phone from the charger (the original one from Samsung at 25w) and after just one hour 9% already gone and I had only unlocked my phone twice with SOT 3 minutes. 

At home I get more SOT, around 5 hours but that's something unacceptable for a phone with this price.

I've also had a pretty negative record 3h30' of SOT with total of 9h after charge.

What I have tried:

-tried tips but did not changed the situation

-Wipe Cache

-Reset phone to the factory settings

-Went with the phone at Samsung official service and told me that the battery is fine and that I need to try a phone reset...

Not doing any gaming, just social media and web browsing.

I know a lot of people complained about the same but what was the fix in your case?

Thanks!

0 Likes
18 REPLIES 18
nowdeleted
Big Cheese
Options
My s10 and s21 are set up for WiFi calling , my home is set with WiFi also my car has WiFi and work has WiFi. But also I don't use Spotify or Instagram and Facebook is not installed.
It's all down to how you use or abuse your phone as to how the battery lasts.
0 Likes
DianDD
Voyager
Options
Yes this is true, I buy phones to abuse them. The iPhone was handling it very well while the Samsung fails. It is machine which must serve me and I use it pretty well to be fair :smiling-face:
0 Likes
andrei_nn
Journeyman
Options

How can you pay more than 1k for a phone and then turn off all the new tech? This is no sense. 

If I pay more because of that 120hz refresh rate it s because I really want to benefit from that ...

If you don't need social media, gamingz web browsing then what's the point? You can go for a 3310 and that's it...phone calls only

DianDD
Voyager
Options
I think you talk about someone else. I use my phone on max with all extras
andrei_nn
Journeyman
Options

I know,  I eas fully generic about my comment. I'm the same as you. 

Anyways after the phone reset and couple of days that passed seems that the battery is performing well now... I ve also got 8h sot but on WiFi which is really good for me... beside the max resolution all full specs on 

For people having the same issue I guess is not a good ideea copying apps from the old phone...

After the reset I ve only copied photos, contacts, messages and that's pretty much all.. reinstalled all the apps one by one...

DianDD
Voyager
Options
I know right, I always copy all apps via Switch app on my computer after reset and next time I think I will do like you. It will also help me give up on apps I actually do not use(less clutter) Accubattery shows almost 8 hours SOT for my device atm which is good, I usually get around 5 hours before I put it on the charger, used to be around 4 but with always on display constantly on. I also never charge from a very low battery so I guess I could get more SOT ...... next full reset will do only after official ONE UI version upgrade but not security update. I think there must be new One UI version on its way soon apart from the beta programme with android 12 ....
0 Likes
Ionelturcu
Student
Options

How is even possible? My battery is draining so fast I had my phone for almost two weeks and never had more than 4 hours sot .and I Did apply all the settings to minimum also I did factory reset and now 12 missing I removed from charger 2 percent gone .So disappointed 😞 

0 Likes
Ionelturcu
Student
Options

Using your phone at max with the best settings , how long sot gives you, I had the most 4 hours sot,and while I am at work I play music /online radio in background for about 6-8 hours,but yesterday was very disappointing from this point of view as at 3:30 pm my battery reach 20 percent ,took it out of charger at 6 am ,but the other day same tasks and at 5 when finished work I still had 50 percent left while I listen all day music background.thank you

0 Likes
nowdeleted
Big Cheese
Options
There are a number of things that can affect the battery.
Screen time out and brightness.
Ending apps when finished with them.
Regularly use the phone the device care.
Turn off bluetooth if not used and WiFi if there is no signal and try to avoid charging overnight.
0 Likes