Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S21 Ultra Poor Battery

(Topic created on: 23-09-2021 08:31 AM)
andrei_nn
Journeyman
Options

Hello everyone, Samsung

I've had the S21 Ultra 256 Exynos version for a couple of months now and I have to say that the battery life is really bad.

I do think that the bug with camera consuming the battery when in move is the reason why ...

Morning, unplugged my phone from the charger (the original one from Samsung at 25w) and after just one hour 9% already gone and I had only unlocked my phone twice with SOT 3 minutes. 

At home I get more SOT, around 5 hours but that's something unacceptable for a phone with this price.

I've also had a pretty negative record 3h30' of SOT with total of 9h after charge.

What I have tried:

-tried tips but did not changed the situation

-Wipe Cache

-Reset phone to the factory settings

-Went with the phone at Samsung official service and told me that the battery is fine and that I need to try a phone reset...

Not doing any gaming, just social media and web browsing.

I know a lot of people complained about the same but what was the fix in your case?

Thanks!

0 Likes
18 REPLIES 18
nowdeleted
Big Cheese
Options
Have you looked at battery and device care?? As my s21 plus will last 3 day's or even 4 between charging
0 Likes
andrei_nn
Journeyman
Options

Looking at what to be more specifc? 

Yes, I do check that regularly and also the apps that are consuming my battery.....

0 Likes
nowdeleted
Big Cheese
Options
There are a few things to consider. Bluetooth turn off if not required. Screen brightness turn down if possible. Is the phone constantly looking for a signal? Enhanced processing needs to be turned off.
0 Likes
andrei_nn
Journeyman
Options

It is on optimized. But for these numbers I don't it's about setting tbh. I'm coming from p30pro and it was more than 2 years old phone with mote then 7hrs SOT each day .. 

0 Likes
andrei_nn
Journeyman
Options

Screenshot_20210918-031307_Device care.jpg

0 Likes
nowdeleted
Big Cheese
Options
You seem to have a lot of background apps running, Spotify and Instagram both run in the background... are they needed??
Unless you can reduce the strain on the battery.. you will always have this problem.
0 Likes
andrei_nn
Journeyman
Options

Not getting it....should I put these apps to deep sleep to get more battery? You see how much they consumed...where is the rest of juice? Also Huawei was running on Android and I didn't need to put any app to deep sleep ...

0 Likes
nowdeleted
Big Cheese
Options
If an app is active it will use power. If power is used then the battery takes a hit. Meaning it will need charging more often.
As I get 3/4 days between charge, then more than happy with my s21 plus.
But remember it's how you use and handle your phone to how much power it will lose.
0 Likes
DianDD
Voyager
Options
Do you ever use mobile data or wifi? That sounds absolutely impossible to me, I can't last more than 22 hours haha