Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Original topic:

S21 Ultra poor battery life

(Topic created on: 06-02-2021 06:43 AM)
vmd
Explorer
Options
After the recent update. My phone is overheating even for whatsapp video call and the battery drain is very abnormal. I am using in a power saver mode in fhd+ and 60hz . I am getting only 5 hours of SOT which is a complete garbage. I am using UK variant
Any suggestions or similar experience. 

My recent update. 
0 Likes
22 REPLIES 22
Blessed4life
Big Cheese
Options
Hi take of the battery save mode & leave it on 120hz & let the battery do its thing by optimising & getting used to you usage.
Most people have or had the same issue but it settled down after a few day or a week or so.
This is from yesterday & the other the day before..
I'm also in the UK.

Screenshot_20210205-172427_Device care_106.jpg

Screenshot_20210204-093804_Device care_110.jpg

GalaxyAsh
Voyager
Options
I also have S21 Ultra 256GB Stock/BTU - UK/exynos, I have had an excellent experience. I have normal/optimised mode on, dark mode, Adaptive 120hz FHD+. I don't play games at all, a lot of Facebook, Messenger, YouTube, Chrome, some Telegram and Members as well as photos, a few calls and occasional speedtests. i have had no problems whatsoever. I have attached the maximum of 4 screenshots. this isn't the first I have heard of your experience though. leave it as is out the box whilst it figures out your usage.

Screenshot_20210206-070911_Device care.jpg

Screenshot_20210206-070918_Device care.jpg

Screenshot_20210206-070906_Device care.jpg

Screenshot_20210206-070856_Device care.jpg

John19691969
Hotshot
Options
I had same problem over heating ..fry a egg on it hot ..I gave it 5 days to sort out with updates I reset done everything to stop over heating but nothing changed for £1329 I said no way and sent back for full refund from Samsung ( UK) never seen anything like it before ..thought it would melt it got that hot ...using camera made it worse ....I've gone back using my S10 5G never gets warm and no problems on that one ... shame on Samsung and with how hot it was getting it must of damaged the inside battery etc was not going to take a chance on it....like I said before I've had all makes of phone and never ever seen a phone get that hot before... not just once but every time I used it
I hear people say wait let it do its thing etc but
I thought for a phone costing £1329 do I take that chance... no way was I
0 Likes
j123456789
Pathfinder
Options

Your battery life proves that most people's S21 ultra are faulty. 

BroLinday
First Poster
Options

How the hell r u getting that much SOT. I just got 3 hrs and 30 min of SOT.

Blessed4life
Big Cheese
Options
I kept everything on, the first few days to make the phone optimise & get used to my usage then turned off the basics after the phone settled & optimised, Bluetooth/Wi-Fi scanning, turned the vibration to less than half, turned on Wi-Fi power saving mode, turned off gestures I wasn't using, only turn on location & Bluetooth when I need them.
Also I did do a factory reset after updating & cleared the cache partition.
If I think of anything else I'll add it.
UwU1
Apprentice
Options

my friend has the same problem but it will change to a better battery life in the future an update is gonna fix everuthing sir i promise

0 Likes
ironass
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

The next update is already rolling out to the S21 series.

Changelog

• February security patches (Samsung Android Security Updates)
  • The performance of Camera has been improved
  • Overall stability of functions improved
  • The security of your device has been improved

The update = G99*BXXU1AUB3

Build date = 03 February 2021

Release date = 04 February 2021

-----------------------------------------------------------------
My device... Galaxy Z Fold5 5G 12/512GB (G946B D/S) CSC EUX. Android 14. One UI 6.0
vmd
Explorer
Options
how to clear the cache partition ?
0 Likes