Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S21 Ultra poor battery life

(Topic created on: 03-03-2021 11:04 PM)
Davinder Batth
Explorer
Options

Hi all,

Just wanted to find out whether my battery drain was normal! I have been using the phone for a week now, and there has been absolutely no improvement. I also no longer have a message within the battery menu telling me that it's still learning my usage patterns. 

The screenshot below shows today's usage. I even charged the phone a little more mid-way but am still only getting around 4.5 hours screen on time at 12%. I don't believe I've been doing anything on the phone that explains the short screen on time. Nothing intensive.

Just writing this has lost me a further 4%! Anyone else had this experience?

Dav

Screenshot_20210302-213913_Device care.jpg

42 REPLIES 42
Joeeye
Maestro
Options
It's worrying that your phone is hot to the touch after charging. May I inquire what charger are you using? I use the official 25w charger and it never gets hot after a charge. If I use slower chargers like a non Samsung charger the phone does get warmer than normal but never hot.
Davinder Batth
Explorer
Options

I'm using the older Samsung adaptive fast charger from a previous phone. Think they're rated at 15w. I have a smart plug that's able to show me the wattage being drawn, and can confirm it's taking 17w with screen off.

Daveeeee
Journeyman
Options
still 20% left .....

Screenshot_20210303-225135_Device care_65907.jpg

Screenshot_20210304-092842_Device care_65920.jpg

Hasvor
Apprentice
Options

I have same stats. Is our performing  good??

Daveeeee
Journeyman
Options
I think yes.... I was ready to reset the phone and install all again on clear system... as I used SmartSwich to move stuff from s10+ ... and I heard is better to install all from beginning..but looks like I don't need it???? what do you think guys? is there any difference between smartwatch or install all on clear system?
AliIbrahim
Pioneer
Options
I get around 30 hours with a Bixby routine to save battery overnight and I only charge the phone when it's around 20%

Screenshot_20210303-235237_Samsung Members.jpg

Solution
Davinder Batth
Explorer
Options

Hi all, I've had my new phone for a couple of days now and can confirm everything is ok 👍🏽 thank you all for the help

Dzc47
First Poster
Options

Hi Davinder,

Did Samsung replace your phone?

0 Likes
Dami8n
Explorer
Options

Anyone who says there battery life on this phone is OK. Are clearly delusional and not actually using there phone. its terrible drain drain drain. As always every year with a samsung flagship release we have this conversation over and over again. Poor battery life. No change at all. The very ultra poor battery life on this phone is the main reason for me getting shut of it. I'll never invest in a Samsung phone again. Rubbish 

Solution
jezza2
Apprentice
Options

Hi to be clear- did you get a replacement phone?

0 Likes