Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S21 Ultra poor battery life

(Topic created on: 03-03-2021 03:40 PM)
Davinder Batth
Explorer
Options

Hi all,

Just wanted to find out whether my battery drain was normal! I have been using the phone for a week now, and there has been absolutely no improvement. I also no longer have a message within the battery menu telling me that it's still learning my usage patterns. 

The screenshot below shows today's usage. I even charged the phone a little more mid-way but am still only getting around 4.5 hours screen on time at 12%. I don't believe I've been doing anything on the phone that explains the short screen on time. Nothing intensive.

Just writing this has lost me a further 4%! Anyone else had this experience?

Dav

Screenshot_20210302-213913_Device care.jpg

42 REPLIES 42
WHATaTOPPER
Voyager
Options
you might want to adjust your power settings I don't have anywhere near the issue that you're having

Screenshot_20210303-064319_Device care.jpg

Mtm1401
Navigator
Options
I would suggest you put everything you don't use into deep sleep, the phone will do it anyway over time. Also looks like photos is still doing a lot of syncing in the background
Davinder Batth
Explorer
Options

Thank you Tinglish, very useful information. I'm sure it'll help out a lot of us. 10 hours of screen on time is crazy! 

I'll go through these one by one on a daily basis and report back until I have sufficient battery life. Will be going without 5g today, fingers crossed it helps.

I do, however, find it frustrating having to turn off significant features of the phone that attracted me to it's purchase in the first place just to get through a day's use 😑

0 Likes
Mtm1401
Navigator
Options
I have a bixby routine to turn on sync when charging and off when on battery
Shazzkid
Troubleshooter
Options
Photos and chrome are using way more battery than they should, nearly 20% for less than an hour of use is comparable to heavy gaming! And photos running in the background for 1hr46min and using 17%, absurd.

Those apps are the issue, stop using chrome, and turn off background activity for photos
Joeeye
Maestro
Options
My SoT on a purely 5G/4G connection, ended at close to 9h SoT.

Screenshot_20210226-132610_Device care.jpg

lemontop
Explorer
Options
Hey Davinder. Here's a screen shot of my battery screen. It's only half the time of what yours shows, but I've still got 55% left. I have my display on WQHD+ and 120Hz on my motion smoothness.

Screenshot_20210303-181401_Device care_9036.jpg

Davinder Batth
Explorer
Options

Thanks for sending that mate.

I've gone today with dark mode switched on, 5g disabled, FHD+, Adaptive screen refresh rate and nearby scanning turned off. Also wiped the partition cache and gave the phone a restart before the day started as previously recommended by Tinglish.

Phone was taken off of charge at around 7am (hot to the touch) and currently (7pm) is sitting at 12% with 4 hours and 10 minutes of screen on time. 

I've spoken with my provider (Vodafone) this afternoon and they mentioned I'm still able to return the device for a new one if I felt it was faulty... which I currently do. 

I'm going to give them another call tomorrow and proceed with having it exchanged for another unit whilst I can.

I'll have a play with the new one for a few days and come back to you all to see if there was indeed an issue with my current device.

Thank you all for the help so far, it is much appreciated.

lemontop
Explorer
Options
There's always the odd unit in every batch that's faulty. Luckily you have the option to change. Don't let it put you off this phone. It's brilliant.
0 Likes
Hasvor
Apprentice
Options

Screenshot_20210303-152536_Device care.jpg

 check this 

0 Likes