Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

S21 Ultra poor battery life

(Topic created on: 02-03-2021 10:06 PM)
Davinder Batth
Explorer
Options

Hi all,

Just wanted to find out whether my battery drain was normal! I have been using the phone for a week now, and there has been absolutely no improvement. I also no longer have a message within the battery menu telling me that it's still learning my usage patterns. 

The screenshot below shows today's usage. I even charged the phone a little more mid-way but am still only getting around 4.5 hours screen on time at 12%. I don't believe I've been doing anything on the phone that explains the short screen on time. Nothing intensive.

Just writing this has lost me a further 4%! Anyone else had this experience?

Dav

Screenshot_20210302-213913_Device care.jpg

42 REPLIES 42
lemontop
Explorer
Options
I've only been using mine for a week, but the battery life is so much better than my old S10+.
Davinder Batth
Explorer
Options

What's your screen on time like? I'm trying to compare mine to the reviews I saw prior to purchasing. Trying to figure out whether there's something wrong with my particular device. Thanks! 

0 Likes
Kasim2409
Voyager
Options
what's the idle drain?
Kasim2409
Voyager
Options
I can see that you have 5G enabled, have you tried switching it to 4G/LTE and see if that makes a difference?
Kasim2409
Voyager
Options
Also many users on here have suggested switching browsers to Samsung Internet as Chrome tends to be a huge battery drainer as you probably have noticed from the screenshot
lemontop
Explorer
Options
I'll take a screen shot tomorrow night after work before I charge it.
Case1188
Voyager
Options
I've had my s21 ultra for almost three weeks now and it has amazing battery life, far better that my previous note 10+
Davinder Batth
Explorer
Options

Thank you for the input Kasim, appreciate it. I'll turn my 5g off and see how it goes. I do heavily rely on Chrome, so would prefer to use it and will keep it for now. However, it was never an issue on my previous device. You're right though, it is draining a fair bit. 

I just can't get my head around the reviews I watched regarding the battery life. Mine is very poor in comparison.

Davinder Batth
Explorer
Options

Thank you mate, would be interesting to see